Christmas Bits and Pieces

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Thanks Deb,
After I wrote the question to you I thought, why not do a google search. I did and found the site you mentioned. I printed off several. I have a lovely neighbor lady and each year for her birthday or Christmas make a gift of poetry. I used several of this ladies for this Christmas. I add clip art to them & have a good time doing so. I am back but don't know how regularly I'll be. We are getting another fairly big snow tonight so that means I'll have to shovel my sidewalk when it stops. The city will fine us $50 if we don't get them cleaned up within 24 hrs. They don't care if you're elderly or what. I have bad knees...arthritis..and it's not a fun job. Sometimes I have another friendly neighbor who does it for me. My lady friend who I print off poetry also has to do her sidewalk and she is in her 80's but really can work circles around me. Love her very much. Sorry to keep going on. Posted Image

Glad you found the site ok. No, please feel free to chat here, we all get to know each other better that way. :)

My friend in PA said her city also fines them if they don't clear the snow away! That is really hard on the elderly or ill people....

Well, now for some Christmas thoughts: Though not fun to shovel, a snow covered landscape sure is pretty. I can remember going caroling with the youth group from church. Afterwards, we would go to the choir director's house and get hot chocolate. Also, remember going sledding in the neighborhood.

#22 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

The Lord's Light Within

Lord we reflect with thankful hearts
On the wonder of your birth
The love you expressed when you left
Your glory to come to earth

For your life was like a beacon, Lord
Shining brightly in the night
Filling the world with the radiance of
The Father’s glorious light

And we, too, long to have inside
Your light for others to see
The beautiful reflection of your grace
And the wonder of your majesty

For as your life indwells our hearts
We can shine wherever we are
And arise to take hold of each new day
With your light ablaze in our hearts

So rekindle the flame within us Lord
So it will not flicker nor dim
Ignite us with the light of your love
So you will shine brightly within

© By M.S.Lowndes

#23 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

It's that wonderful time of year again when we especially remember the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. Although we don't know the exact date of Christ's birth, I think it's great there is a time of year when this is celebrated. Even though there is alot of commercial and secular aspects to the holiday, let us Christians remember the sacred reason for Christ's birth....born to become our Savior, to give us forgiveness of our sins and peace with God.

#24 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:00 PM

May the presence and power

of God from above,

the joy and the wonder,

His blessings and love....

May the hope of the season,

The beauty and cheer...

May the promise of Christmas

be yours through the year.

by Roxie Lusk Smith

#25 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

That wonderful time of year again, as we celebrate the birth of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.  Take time to be kind to someone that is alone or in some need.  Even little things such as a friendly hello or a card can mean something to someone that is alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name