Any artists here?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

Just wondering what kind of arts you are into? I used to do alot of oil painting. No place to hang them anymore! I like to do crafts (beaded ornaments) mainly around Christmas. I did try a few cross stitch ornaments and enjoyed that, but it's too hard on my eyes.

#2 Guest_GrandmaDee_*

Guest_GrandmaDee_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:42 AM

I don't really consider myself an artist. but guess there are many art forms. My husband seems to be gifted with writing, also graphic design and advertising. Laurie and Paul are both very artistic - her with drawing and painting, etc. She can often look at a photo and put it into a pen and ink sketch. Paul is gifted in interior design and now hair styling.
I am more of a 'crafty' person. ;)
I do counted cross stitch, a bit of beaded jewelry making, sewing, have been teaching myself to crochet, I try lots of things and usually am pleased with the results but cross stitch is the one that I come back to often. I love to see a picture taking form as I stitch.
It's funny, Paul can look at a room and see how it could be decorated. I can't do that. I am at a loss. He'll say 'you should do this with your hair' and usually I do it because he can envision how it will look and is usually right. But hand me a pattern and I can see how it will look finished in the material that I like and can see how to change it to make it mine.
I inagine all of us are artistic in some way, just maybe not the norm.

#3 Guest_WalksWithJesus_*

Guest_WalksWithJesus_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

Hi there! I'm new here, and this is my first post! Or is it my second?? :-" Anyway, I htink i"m gonna like this place. I am an artist; primarily, I work in pencil, creating graphics and embroidery designs to sell online, and to share with my friends & family. You might say I was born with a pencil in my hand, except it was more likely a crayon!

Well, I'm off to explore the site, peek into some rooms, and see what I can find!

Hugs, Judy

Edited by WalksWithJesus, 26 June 2006 - 01:43 PM.

#4 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:acroyoga,painting,making friends,reading and writing poems and stories,making jokes movies,exchanging cultures and praising GOD

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:00 PM

hi,
am an artist too i do abstract paintings mostly african gospel themes, i also teach gheto kids some art staffs,acrobatics and basic acroyoga.voluntearing to the kids in the slums makes me happy. My art is always not aimed at selling but expressing my thoghts,minds,ideas and way of life i experience everyday.But would realy like to share artistic ideas with artists in this forum

#5 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:25 PM

hi,
am an artist too i do abstract paintings mostly african gospel themes, i also teach gheto kids some art staffs,acrobatics and basic acroyoga.voluntearing to the kids in the slums makes me happy. My art is always not aimed at selling but expressing my thoghts,minds,ideas and way of life i experience everyday.But would realy like to share artistic ideas with artists in this forum

Steve, even though you are not thinking of selling your paintings....perhaps, if you would sell some, you could help some of the poor kids with food or something that's urgently needed. If you think this is a good idea, try approaching some of the tourists with your artwork. When I was in the travel industry, we loved handcrafts done by the local people. Maybe some of the children might even do some little paintings to try to sell?

Do you use oil, acrylic paint or some other medium? How large are your paintings?

#6 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:acroyoga,painting,making friends,reading and writing poems and stories,making jokes movies,exchanging cultures and praising GOD

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:00 AM

DEBB,thanks so much for the concern,well i tried selling paintings in the tourist market but back here at home the value of paintings is so low and this always get me discouraged in doing so cause the tourist art brokers sell them at a lot of money but yet you the artist get peanuts.As an artist i feel as though this is a way of exploitation of an artist and the art work and always feel like not to sell my works for its better that wayi would rather give the talent to orthers than undervalue the GOD'S gift.Teaching the kids art cost alot cause of the materials wich i do always buy with the cash from my pocket and at times with help from my brothers who are also artists.Some of the kids are so good artist exploiting different styles in feauture they will make good artists.
My style is abstructs in oil,water or at times the mixed media,and are always averagely around 30to60x40to100cm's maybe you want to see some of my samples on photos?
I can send you some of the photos via your e-mail shoul'd you want,thanks again and may GOD bless you.

#7 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:26 AM

DEBB,thanks so much for the concern,well i tried selling paintings in the tourist market but back here at home the value of paintings is so low and this always get me discouraged in doing so cause the tourist art brokers sell them at a lot of money but yet you the artist get peanuts.As an artist i feel as though this is a way of exploitation of an artist and the art work and always feel like not to sell my works for its better that wayi would rather give the talent to orthers than undervalue the GOD'S gift.Teaching the kids art cost alot cause of the materials wich i do always buy with the cash from my pocket and at times with help from my brothers who are also artists.Some of the kids are so good artist exploiting different styles in feauture they will make good artists.
My style is abstructs in oil,water or at times the mixed media,and are always averagely around 30to60x40to100cm's maybe you want to see some of my samples on photos?
I can send you some of the photos via your e-mail shoul'd you want,thanks again and may GOD bless you.

Steve, I understand how difficult it is to sell paintings! I have alot on my walls and haven't been painting for awhile....no more space! :) Is it against the law for you to approach a tourist to try to sell a painting? Just wondering.

We use inches here, so I'm not sure about the cm's. Some tourists might also like to buy beads....especially if they are handstrung by children. When I was in Thailand, I visited 3 hill tribes....when our boat docked at one of the villages, a multitude of children came with colorfully woven belts they had made. We all bought some.....I bought two and still have them. One very small girl had a cross around her neck so I bought one belt from her. She was so happy....she went running home, I think to tell her parents! :)

If you want to, put a link to a photo or two of your paintings here so everyone can enjoy them.

#8 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:25 AM

Steve, I understand how difficult it is to sell paintings! I have alot on my walls and haven't been painting for awhile....no more space! :) Is it against the law for you to approach a tourist to try to sell a painting? Just wondering.

We use inches here, so I'm not sure about the cm's. Some tourists might also like to buy beads....especially if they are handstrung by children. When I was in Thailand, I visited 3 hill tribes....when our boat docked at one of the villages, a multitude of children came with colorfully woven belts they had made. We all bought some.....I bought two and still have them. One very small girl had a cross around her neck so I bought one belt from her. She was so happy....she went running home, I think to tell her parents! :)

If you want to, put a link to a photo or two of your paintings here so everyone can enjoy them.

hallo DEBP it's never a law to sell the crafts to the tourists but its so difficult to reach a tourist destination reason (insecurity),expessialy with the slum kids only one way is to sell through a dealer but they really use people.
my paintings range from 14x16 to 20inches,maximum 80x100 to 120 inches.I also make crafts like earings,necklaces and cards. wuold you put me through the link again.ANXS SO MUCH.

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:41 PM

hallo DEBP it's never a law to sell the crafts to the tourists but its so difficult to reach a tourist destination reason (insecurity),expessialy with the slum kids only one way is to sell through a dealer but they really use people.
my paintings range from 14x16 to 20inches,maximum 80x100 to 120 inches.I also make crafts like earings,necklaces and cards. wuold you put me through the link again.ANXS SO MUCH.

Good hearing from you, Steve. I had wondered how you are doing.

Actually, I just learned to put links to a couple of photos here. I'm trying to remember how to do it! Oh, I think you click on the little image of the tree when you are in the reply window. Then it will ask you for the link which you type or paste in.

#10 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

Hey DEBP just been trying to put the pictures so everyone could see them but there seem to be a problem,i am requesting if any one could accept to recieve the photos through e-mail so that she or he could help me down load/link them so every one could see them.

#11 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hey DEBP just been trying to put the pictures so everyone could see them but there seem to be a problem,i am requesting if any one could accept to recieve the photos through e-mail so that she or he could help me down load/link them so every one could see them.

Steve, try downloading your photos to this site and they will give you a link to use. I just learned to do this myself a few weeks ago.
www.xs.to

#12 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:15 AM

Steve, try downloading your photos to this site and they will give you a link to use. I just learned to do this myself a few weeks ago.
www.xs.to

thanks DEPB for the link.I think have got some things for you.
this are some of the kids gift cards
http://xs.to/xs.php?...h=xs113&d=07101
http://xs.to/xs.php?...m...113&d=07101
http://xs.to/xs.php?...a...413&d=07101
http://xs.to/xs.php?...h=xs413&d=07102

Edited by steve, 06 March 2007 - 08:51 AM.

#13 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:44 AM

www.xs.to

http://xs.to/xs.php?...h=xs113&d=07101]
http://xs.to/xs.php?...&...413&d=07102]

#14 steve

steve

Full Newbie

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

www.xs.to

Now this are some of the kids paintings:
http://xs.to/xs.php?...h=xs413&d=07101
http://xs.to/xs.php?...h=xs413&d=07101

#15 Guest_GrandmaDee_*

Guest_GrandmaDee_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Wow Steve. I like your paintings.

And the acrobatics are awesome.

#16 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

I don't know why, but nothing came up for me. I'll have to try again another time....sounded interesting by the names.

Oh, I just tried again and I got one up right away!! So probably the others will come up as well....thanks Steve.

Yes, the others did come up....really beautiful artwork, Steve. I especially liked the cards, but the paintings were good, too. The acrobatics are great as well!

#17 Guest_GrandmaDee_*

Guest_GrandmaDee_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

I alos really liked the cards. I misunderstood/misread and thought that the cards were your paintings, Steve. They are really good. I odn't see why you should have any problem selling them if you can find a vendor who is honest.

#18 Guest_KentuckyGirl_*

Guest_KentuckyGirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

I am an artist. I love drawing with pen and ink, but do some pencil. I love to do many subjects, but am currently working on my skill with portraits in pen and ink. I am starting a lighthouse project, as well.

#19 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

I am an artist. I love drawing with pen and ink, but do some pencil. I love to do many subjects, but am currently working on my skill with portraits in pen and ink. I am starting a lighthouse project, as well.

That's wonderful. Do you sell any of your work? I used to do alot of oil painting.

#20 Guest_sarabhoopes_*

Guest_sarabhoopes_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

i'm an artist.
i like to make realist drawings. i take professional pictures, my own pictures, and mags to draw from. i'll draw still life, animals people, everything. i'm not so good with landsacpe. i like to paint, but need lots of improvemnets. i use markers and color pencils, indian ink, sharpes, or leave it black and white. i like cartooning, and craeted my own comic strip.
sara

Wow Steve. I like your paintings.

And the acrobatics are awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name