Purpose of this Forum

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CORR_*

Guest_CORR_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2001 - 07:29 PM

Hello all!

I am so glad to see a Welcome Forum at CCN, but I would like for everyone to understand it's purpose as I feel it will be a great benefit to our 'Newbies'.

This is a place for anyone to come in, start a thread, and introduce themselves.  All others are encouraged to welcome that person with open arms (of course).  This will serve as a wonderful ice-breaker for many who would otherwise not feel comfortable posting in other forums.  And, God willing, we may be able to reach out to someone that is not sure what Jesus is all about.

With that said, you can understand how important this forum is and why I suggested it many moons ago. :)  I appoligize for the confusion my other thread may have caused.

#2 Guest_BenjyMouse_*

Guest_BenjyMouse_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2001 - 07:50 PM

hmm...i wonder where i posted first....and what i said...i cant remember, oh well

#3 Guest_CORR_*

Guest_CORR_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2001 - 09:13 PM

I remember what my first post was!  I was the 100th member and I wanted to know what my prize was.   :P

#4 Guest_ManofBronze_*

Guest_ManofBronze_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2001 - 05:04 PM

LOL :laugh:

#5 InHisJoy

InHisJoy
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hi everyone...my name is Sharee and I just want to say Hi from Eastern Washington.
I'm looking to "chat" with those that are grandparents, especially if you are a
long-distant one.

God Bless!

#6 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hi everyone...my name is Sharee and I just want to say Hi from Eastern Washington.
I'm looking to "chat" with those that are grandparents, especially if you are a
long-distant one.

God Bless!

Hi and welcome....love your user name! Hope you will join in our discussions on the board and find some friends here. God bless you, too.

#7 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

[Hi Sharee, good to meet you!! not a grandparent yet (and hope not for a long time!!) hope you enjoy this site :flowers:

#8 Scotty

Scotty
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:I'm just your average young adult.. The only difference is: I'm on fire for the Lord! I'm an American Sign Language interpreter at the church I attend. I love to sing, dance, read, crochet, and just do anything crafty. My favorite colors are red, black, and blue. My favorite sport is soccer, which I find ironic because my favorite sports team is a football team, Arkansas Razorbacks. I intend to travel abroad someday; I don't plan on being in America forever! I am currently in college and I have a full-time job. I'd rather spend my nights in front of a warm fire with a good book than to go out. I'm not shy; pretty outspoken, actually. If you want to know anything else, just send me a message! God bless and keep you!

NOTE: I did NOT create an account on CPals(dot)net for the purpose of looking for a girlfriend or a wife, so don't even think about sending me a message that says something like "Hey Scotty! I was browsing and came across your profile and I really liked it. Email me at MyNameIsSpam@SpamIsNasty.Com for more information and pictures of me!" You won't even get a response, just sayin'. ;)

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:13 AM

Hi! My name is Scotty. I'm new to this site. I love to talk to people. I love penpals and I prefer to communicate either through postal mail (snail mail). But, Email is fine..

#9 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • Interests:Birding/Walking, Ministry/Missions, Prayer/Intercession

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:21 AM

Hi! My name is Scotty. I'm new to this site. I love to talk to people. I love penpals and I prefer to communicate either through postal mail (snail mail). But, Email is fine..

Hi and welcome...most people interact via the "forum"...and under the specific "penpal" sections...trust you make Christian friends and enjoy the interactions.

#10 Deb

Deb
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:My 3 cats and my wonderful husband, love to read, volunteer through my church, try new recipes, and spend time each day developing my relationship with God!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hi everyone, just started my spiritual journey last April and have a need to communicate with other Christians, I am married, 55, have 3 cats and have just started attending church 2 weeks ago. I am reading my Bible daily, as well as a few books about the Rapture and being Rapture Ready. Sometimes I feel a bit overwelmed, meeting the Pastor next week, waiting on a call from someone else from the Church (been playing phone tag) who will discuss what becoming a member entails and volunteering services, I've always kept to myself and been a loner all my life, now I am getting overwelmed. I want to grow in Christ and do what is right, am I taking on too much all at once?

#11 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

Welcome to the site, Deb. good to meet u. Glad to hear you have begun to go to church and you are eager to become a member.

The most important thing is, relationship with God through Christ. So keep up talking to Him, get to know Him more and ask Him where He would like you to get involved in the church, you are a unique person so dont feel you have to do what other people are doing . Its great that you are getting to know other christians too and I pray that you will find freinds to encourage you in your faith. Also welcome here anytime :flowers:

#12 jardinier

jardinier
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Good morning and thank you for the welcome on this forum.

I'm a lil'ol lady that has been a Christian for many years and am in the process of organizing a Ladies Christian Club to meet on Sunday afternoons in a restaurant once a month. Cornerstone use to put on a great ladies luncheon once a month but I couldn't locate them for their agenda. So, what I'm looking for would be some great agenda ideas. I want to keep the ladies attention and so much as to continue coming back each month. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...especially the 'don't do's.'

Have a wonderful holiday season and look forward in hearing from you.

Jardinier

#13 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Welcome Jardinier :flowers:

Thats a lovely idea that you have there for getting together as it must be difficult for some older folks to go out and about. To have something regular for them to meet up with others is great, will it be open to other people in the community too? What kind of agendas have you thought about? Have you prayed about what God would use the time for?

We have ladies coffee mornings sometimes in our church. It is a great way of inviting other mums or locals to build freindships. Sometimes it just ends up being a few ladies from the church, providing us with lovely fellowship.

Let us know how you get on

#14 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

I'm a lil'ol lady that has been a Christian for many years and am in the process of organizing a Ladies Christian Club to meet on Sunday afternoons in a restaurant once a month. Cornerstone use to put on a great ladies luncheon once a month but I couldn't locate them for their agenda. So, what I'm looking for would be some great agenda ideas. I want to keep the ladies attention and so much as to continue coming back each month. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...especially the 'don't do's.'

Jardinier

Hi and welcome. There is a topic on Ladies Luncheons here with some ideas....I'll try to find it and post the link.

#15 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Here is the link, maybe you'll get some ideas? By the way, you might want to start a new topic in the Writing Wall. More people would see your topic there.

http://www.cpals.net...__1

#16 lost

lost

Little Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Music . bible study . art... history urban relics ..

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

Jardinier

welcome to ccn hope you find what you need god bless

#17 EncourageU

EncourageU
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I love to write, I love to encourage others. I have an eclectic taste in music and I love learning new ways to see the "heart" of the messages in each Bible verse. I enjoy spending time with my family - and there are lots of them! I love learning things, especially how to use power tools to build things and to improve my home environment.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and still feeling my way around. I am seeking pen palls to write to via email, snail mail or other forums, and would love to hear from everyone on things I should know, things I should avoid, and how to stay out of trouble...I love writing, encouraging others, chatting, and sharing my love of live and the Lord with everyone. I tend to only share my testimony when asked, so don't expect to be beaten over the head with a Bible by me when we first talk! (smile) I try to use my life as my testimony as much as I can, and am still learning and growing in the Lord every single day! I have a huge family and love spending time with them and my other fun thing to do is learn how to use powertools to fix and make things! Feel free to reach out any time. I'm 58 though folks say I don't look it, but I sure do feel every bit of it! (laughing) Blessings to all of you,

Encourage U

#18 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and still feeling my way around. I am seeking pen palls to write to via email, snail mail or other forums, and would love to hear from everyone on things I should know, things I should avoid, and how to stay out of trouble...I love writing, encouraging others, chatting, and sharing my love of live and the Lord with everyone. I tend to only share my testimony when asked, so don't expect to be beaten over the head with a Bible by me when we first talk! (smile) I try to use my life as my testimony as much as I can, and am still learning and growing in the Lord every single day! I have a huge family and love spending time with them and my other fun thing to do is learn how to use powertools to fix and make things! Feel free to reach out any time. I'm 58 though folks say I don't look it, but I sure do feel every bit of it! (laughing) Blessings to all of you,

Encourage U

Hi and welcome to you! Hope you will be blessed by our Bible studies, etc, and the sincere fellowship here. You might also want to post a couple of ads in our pen pal section. See you around the forum...

#19 mamaadra

mamaadra
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Greetings brethren and sisters who are in the Lord and who are seeking Him. Im a Newbie too and am looking for fellowship and look forward to being uplifted by your testamonies on how the LORD has moved in your lives and how He has helped you grow spiritually, and helped you overcome trials.

Am I permitted to ask any questions that may help me in my own trials and help lead me out of rough storms?

#20 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

A warm welcome to you, Marmaadra. Glad to hear you have been encouraged by this site and thank you for your encouraging words. Feel free to join in the posts and speak about whats on your heart and what the Lord is doing in your life.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name