ATTN: Photo Uploading

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam

Big Honcho

• Administrators
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Being with my wife and daughter. She brightens my day and is a silly girl. :P

Posted 06 October 2002 - 01:01 PM

Hello everyone,

As I view the posts in the forum it has come to my attention that many of you are making use of the photo upload feature in this category. This is great and I'm glad that you are able to share photos with each other. However, the internet connection that my server is running on is very limited and if there are many large pictures uploaded, that people view at the same time, it slows down the bandwidth considerably for the rest of the site. I don't mind if you post a few pictures here and there that you'd like to share with others, but posting 30+ pics in one thread taxes the system a lot. If possible, please either link to the picture directly, find a place that is able to host the pictures for you, or resize and save the picture so that it is a smaller file. Just please consider this and don't try and abuse this feature.

Thank you in advance.

#2 Guest_AlterEgo_*

Guest_AlterEgo_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2002 - 01:41 PM

sure...no problem...I usually do try to resize the really big ones...but I can upload to another website and link them as well...

#3 Adam

Adam

Big Honcho

• Administrators
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Being with my wife and daughter. She brightens my day and is a silly girl. :P

Posted 06 October 2002 - 01:52 PM

sure...no problem...I usually do try to resize the really big ones...but I can upload to another website and link them as well...

Thanks, it helps when everyone pitches in to make these things work. I wasn't sure if a lot of the pictures that people post come from websites or online picture directories that could be linked from here. If you absolutely can't do it another way except to upload onto the site, that's cool. I'm just trying to make the site more enjoyable for everyone.

#4 Guest_Sparky_*

Guest_Sparky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2002 - 05:58 AM

OK..........I think tis a good idea.......but here's a technical question.......how can I shrink the size of pics if I have to........and how can I change the file extension say from BMP to say JPEG????

:blink:

#5 Guest_Wreath of Barbs_*

Guest_Wreath of Barbs_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2002 - 07:45 AM

it depends on what program you use...most have an option to save as a jpeg....those also let you change the size of the pic or you can change the quality that you save it as [less quality means a smaller file]....only i dont think MS paint lets you do that :\

#6 Guest_Sparky_*

Guest_Sparky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2002 - 07:50 AM

Hmmmmmmmm...........when I first started scanning pics I had it on BMP & then discovered how to change it to JPEG....what I don't know how to do is to change those that are BMP to JPEG...... :unsure:

#7 Guest_Wreath of Barbs_*

Guest_Wreath of Barbs_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2002 - 07:59 AM

hmm...i think if you open those pictures in whatever program you use with the scanner then save them again the way you do now [that changes it from .bmp] that might work.....but i havent really used scanners that much

#8 Guest_Jesusfreak02_*

Guest_Jesusfreak02_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2002 - 01:28 PM

I don't have a scanner, and I don't usually post pics, but I'll be aware.

#9 Guest_Sparky_*

Guest_Sparky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2002 - 06:00 AM

Thanx, WOB, I'll give it a try.

#10 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:art, Bible, crafts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hello Sir,

I don't really know what I'm doing so, I wanted to ask you. I just put a piece of artwork on a thread I just opened entitled Art by Lisa Kuechler. I linked it to my blog, using the "insert image" icon and there it is. It's 256 kb, and it looks huge. So, is that the right way to do it, or do you not want me to use the "insert image" icon, but rather, just place the url directly on my post, so that people can click it and get to the picture? Forgive me for doing it wrong, if I have, I just don't understand all of the terminology yet.

I thought I should link you to my thread: http://www.cpals.net...-lisa-kuechler/

Edited by calicoskittens, 22 October 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#11 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hello Sir,

I don't really know what I'm doing so, I wanted to ask you. I just put a piece of artwork on a thread I just opened entitled Art by Lisa Kuechler. I linked it to my blog, using the "insert image" icon and there it is. It's 256 kb, and it looks huge. So, is that the right way to do it, or do you not want me to use the "insert image" icon, but rather, just place the url directly on my post, so that people can click it and get to the picture? Forgive me for doing it wrong, if I have, I just don't understand all of the terminology yet.

I thought I should link you to my thread: http://www.cpals.net...-lisa-kuechler/

Calico, Adam doesn't come too often, so you might want to send him a pm asking your question.

#12 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:art, Bible, crafts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

Calico, Adam doesn't come too often, so you might want to send him a pm asking your question.

Okey doke? :blush:

Edited by calicoskittens, 23 October 2011 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name