#41 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • Interests:Birding/Walking, Ministry/Missions, Prayer/Intercession

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

December 1

A prayer for "my friend" who is feeling rejected, misunderstood and alone tonight:

Father God, I praise and thank you Lord for the feedom to come before you, knowing that you love us, that you care about what is happening in our lives.

Father I would pray for "my friend" reading this message, who is feeling so alone even when in a crowd. Lord may your peace surround "my friend", may your love soak into the very fibre of "my friends" soul...may every unkind action and word directed at your dear one, be rendered powerless and inaffectual right now in Jesus Name. May every feeling of "not good enough" or "useless" or "unwanted" be washed away by the precious blood of Jesus, shed for us on the cross.

It is written (Rev 12.11) that we have overcome satan by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony..and tonight I testify that Jesus Christ is Lord, and what he says about us is more important than what other people say or think about us...and that no weapon formed against us will prosper.

Father, I pray and ask that you will bring kind, caring friends and companions into the life of "my friend", that you would provide for "my friend's" need according to your riches in glory...Lord that your presence will be so real for this dear one, that every thought of worthlessness, and worthlessness will be swept away. Father may you hear "my friend'ss" silent cry for help and respond, please Lord.

Father when satan tries to enfource a sense of rejection, tries to isolate and so weaken and depress your child, please fill "my friends" heart with a sense of your acceptance, your joy, your love and your strength. Please bring "my friend" into an environment or relationship where your truth is spoken, understood and your love and forgiveness is experienced.

Lord we take authority over every condeming, negative thought and place it under the Lordship of Chirst...every deceiving spirt be bound and rendered powerless over my "my friend" now in Jesus Name. Every root of rejection be cut now and cast aside, and I declare it done in the Name above all names, Jesus. Father we bind every act of violence, physical and emotional planned against "my friend"..and ask that you would send your ministering angels to encamp around "my friend", tonight.

Father please hold "my friend" in your loving arms, and open "my friends" eyes and heart to be able to read and understand how valuable "my friend" is to you....Lord its not always easy, when everything around you seeems to scream at you, telling you that you are no good...but that is a lie, you have said that you love us so much that you gave your only begotten son to die as a ransom for us...please help us understand that deep in our hearts..

Father I pray for "my friends" protection, and sincerely ask Lord, in faith, that you will interven in any negative situation that is causing "my friend" to have these feelings and thoughts.

Lord we thank you, and I ask that a peace that passes understanding will now fill our hearts, and that we may have a peaceful nights rest, knowing that God, the creator of heaven and earth, allows us to call Him Father, because you care and you hear us when we pray, in Jesus Name. AMEN.

#42 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

A TEEAGERS PRAYER of CONFESSION
Posted Image

Posted ImageSubmit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. - James 4:7–10

Prayer: My Father, as I draw near to You today, I do so in a spirit of humility, recognizing my own prideful, selfish nature, seeking to be Your obedient servant. This is not easy for me as my flesh often tugs away causing me to mis-step. Over the years I have come to truly value Your timing at work in my life. My frequent failures in this area have proven to be one of the main reasons why I have struggled so hard in the past.

Holiness and purity of motivation have been a constant call on my heart. I am so desperately in need of Your grace and mercy. I seek after a purity of heart and often fall far short. In Your tenderness You often use those moments to reveal my own selfishness and ego at work. You do this so often that I have come to clearly see Your desire to prevent me from falling off the path of life You have personally designed for me.

This morning, Father, I have nothing else to offer You except my obedience to Your will. I know from my past history that You treasure an obedient servant who keeps trying -- even when the end result is often failure. Because Your Holy Spirit moves so often in me at exactly the moment I surrender and obey, I have learned to be sensitive and respond to His "still small voice" -- even when I didn’t fully understand why.

Your ways are not my ways - and I acknowledge, Father, that I often fall short of understanding where You are taking me. I suppose this could have become a source of discouragement for me if You had not intervened so often to save my foolish self.

I pray today for the grace I know I will need to stay the course. I pray against the pride, ego and selfishness that still to this day can rear their ugly head and successfully stop me from climbing higher and going deeper. Submitting to You, my Father, is the safest path I know away from the relentless attack of Satan - as he tries to defeat me.

I pray also, Father, for a spirit of discernment to fall on me and all who pray this prayer so we can fully understand Your special timing. Without this discernment we often make rash and selfish decisions that can prove to be very costly.

I was convicted recently to begin spending more time listening to You -- rather than talking -- during our prayer times together. This has proven to be a very wise decision on my part -- and a very gracious gesture on Yours. You have put up many warning flags which I know have saved me from making foolish decisions. You have also whispered Your heart’s desire to me, and this has grown me to be far more trusting and less selfish.

This has become such a huge conviction in my life resulting in more opportunities to be a good witness than I have ever seen before. Clearly You desire to encourage Your people and to draw them closer to Your Son. We are so guilty of putting our own needs first, that even in our prayer lives we can fail to hear Your heart. Grow all of us, Father, to be real servants. Give us Jesus’ patience and Jesus’ ability to listen and hear from You.

I pray for release from bondage for anyone praying this prayer who is struggling with hearing Your Holy Spirit’s whisper. I pray for Your peace to fall on them as they surrender to Your will and become obedient servants - willing to live their lives in service -- rather than seeking to be served themselves. The times in which we live are ripe with opportunities, but Your people need to hear from You so they can step up and step out in Your timing. Wherever pride, ego or selfishness is revealed preventing them from living free -- I ask You to stop that in its tracks - and rip it from their hearts.

Increase Your Holy Spirit’s presence in our lives resulting in a sweet fruit that remains no matter what winds of change are set against it. Our obedience has to be proven to You before we can be trusted with all You have to give us -- so help us, Father, to desire obedience as a core value -and seeking Your timing as our every moment of every day goal. We are weak and we are selfish by nature, but You can change that in us -- and I ask You -- I beg You -- to do that right now in me - and in all who pray this prayer.

As You grant us more authority, remind us it is not for our personal enjoyment. Rather, help us to see our lives through the fruit of our work -- resulting in ministry to others. Help us to live out Matthew 20:25–28 with out fear - and expand our influence by allowing us to serve more of Your people. To You be all the honor and glory!

Prayers of Confession – Making it Personal
Reflect: I am often reminded in my prayer times of the magnificence of our God. His nature and his heart of love for us are beyond my ability to fully understand or describe. However, what I do see and understand causes me to bow my head and accept His authority with a humble heart. I have prayed for years to be a true servant of the most Holy, High God -- and as I have allowed Him to peel away the layers of my own selfish, ego centered nature, He has revealed Himself more fully and set my feet on His path -- which always results in more lasting fruit. Pride is a terrible thing and we are all vulnerable to this evil -- which is why we need our Father’s grace and mercy. Humility is the key, obedience is the action step, and lasting fruit the result. How are you doing in areas like trust, listening to the Holy Spirit’s "still small voice" - and obedience -- even when you do not fully grasp it all? Journal your findings and then spend time listening to the Holy Spirit as you prayerfully surrender your weakest area to His control
Posted Image Posted Image

#43 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

A Teenager's Prayer

Posted Image Jesus, I don't pray much, perhaps, but now I'm needing to talk to you, about me.

Jesus, I'm confused. I sometimes really don't know who I am. Some of my relationships aren't working out. I'm trying to figure out what kind of lifestyle I'm to follow and there are so many alternatives.

Life is pretty difficult. I can't understand my parents sometimes, school is hard, friends come and go, I don't like myself very much, and I'm scared about the future. I know unless I work hard I won't make it, but it seems a long grind.

I want to be independent, but I also want to respect my parents and I want my parents to respect me. If I make mistakes help me learn from them, and if my parents are critical of some things, help me remember they're mainly trying to protect me and warn me because they care about me.

I don't know very much about how to be a Christian, but I want to learn more. I want my questions answered. There are big moral issues - smoking, drinking, drugs, sex - and I'm torn between finding the truth, and having a good time and keeping my friends. If something's right, I want to do that, rather than wearing a mask and being a phony just to be popular.

If I really choose to follow you, it's going to be hard at school. Other kids don't easily accept people who are different.

Jesus, when it's tough, help me make a stand, see me through another day.

I give my life to you: take me as I am, and make me into a worthwhile person. Forgive me for living without you. You have a great plan for my life - help me to find it. I want to make a difference in the world, and when I die, help me to have lived well.

Amen.

#44 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:14 AM

What does it mean to a TEENAGER to PRAY a PRAYER OF SALVATION

Posted Image
What is the so-called Salvation Prayer? What do I do to get "saved?" At one point or another we all ask ourselves this question.

"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

"Jesus answered and said to him, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.'" (John 3:3)

First, you can be sure that God loves you unconditionally and desires to have a personal relationship with you.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16).

Second, you need to admit your sinful nature to God, because this is what separates all of us from Him.

“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23).

Third, you should stop trying to please God through your own efforts, and realize that salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ is a gift that none of us deserves.

“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8).

Finally, you just need to step in and truly accept God’s gift -- His Son, Jesus Christ.

“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12).

So, now you know the basic steps to become a Christian. As a result, if you desire God’s gift of eternal life and fellowship with Him, you are as close as a sincere act of faith.

Jesus says,

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6).

Jesus also says,

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20).

Receiving Jesus is a matter of truly asking Him to come into your life, to forgive your sins, and to become your Lord and Savior. It’s not merely an intellectual undertaking, but rather, an act of sincere faith and heart-felt will.

If you want to receive Jesus now, and accept His gift of salvation, it's a matter of believing in Jesus Christ, repenting of your sins, and turning the rest of your life over to Him. This is not a ritual based on specific words, but rather, a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith.

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
"Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)

If you decided to become a Christian today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
  • Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
  • Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
  • Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
  • Seek fellowship with other Christians. Develop a group of Christian friends to answer your questions and support you.
  • Find a local church where you can worship God.

#45 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

A TEENAGE PRAYER for when there are HARD TIMES

Posted Image

Lord Jesus, I sit here this morning with a heart that is breaking, knowing that many of your people are in pain and are struggling this day. I know I am not alone in my own personal struggles. I am finding a very real center of your peace falling around me, and I pray that same peace for my struggling brothers and sisters.. I know that pain and struggle are a part of this fallen world in which we live. I know that until the day of Your return there will continue to be pain. But I also know that in the midst of that pain and suffering, I see the extended hands of my Savior reaching our from His heavenly dwelling place, calling to me, and to all who struggle.

You have such bright piercing eyes and Your compassionate heart for our struggles beats loudly. You are reminding me that everywhere all around me there is evidence of Your Presence -- and in that I can take hope. To be aware of Your presence at this moment is so important in my life. To know that in all things, I can turn to You, and trust You for whatever the circumstances that face me.

You are faithful to those who call You by name and You are gentle and compassionate. Your Word is filled to the brim with hope, and Your great Kingdom that is to come, a shining light on the horizon, that helps me focus on You and Your needs -- instead of my own.

My prayer is for anyone who is at this very moment struggling with things beyond their own control. My prayer is a cry to my King asking for His arms of protection to fall on each one of them. Whatever their struggle this day, Lord, I pray You will reveal Your purposes in that struggle, and I ask You to comfort and sustain the weak ones who are the most susceptible to the snares of Satan -- especially at such a time as this.

I acknowledge in this moment that many times we do not understand the path upon which we walk. Many times we only have enough energy to fall to our knees and acknowledge our weakness. Yet through it all You are with us -- through it all You gently whisper Your truths into our ears. How grateful I am -- especially in this time of struggle -- that You are who You say You are, and You do what You say You do. How blessed I am to serve a God who cherishes His children and provides for all of their needs!

My greatest desire is to serve You and Your people, and my heart of worship for you sustains me -- especially in this season of struggle. There is no better way to live than in Your service. Give us all the wisdom we need to discern the counterfeits that are in place everywhere, and grant us Your loving and compassionate heart to all we meet so we can be true witnesses of Your truths.

In this moment and at this time -- Your truths sustain me. I fall to my knees acknowledging my weakness, and then, seeing Your strength, You reach out from above to touch Your hand to mine. May all I do this day bring You honor and glory!

Prayer for Hard Times -- Making it Personal
Reflect: As hard as it is to understand, it is in the struggles of our lives that we can find the moments of greatest truth. If our hearts and minds are open to His truths, we can find the solace we need for our distress, the wisdom we need for our understanding ,and the love we need to sustain us. It’s all in God’s Word. I would encourage anyone who is struggling today to reach for the Bible and turn your pain into His wisdom which will sustain you -- no matter what your circumstances. This is the best time to seek His Face. Posted Image Posted Image

#46 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image
In many cases, the Lord reveals specific needs for your family members. He reveals pain that they may be feeling or certain things that are drawing them away from fellowship with Him. Praying for your family can give you insight from the Lord and most of all, prayer will bring you comfort as God reminds you of His promises. Perhaps some members of your family do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Prayer for the unsaved is vital.

Posted ImagePrayer for Families
  • Prayer for protection and provision - Father, Thank you for my family. I ask that you bless them with Your favor. Provide for all of their needs. I ask You to protect them from harm and evil. Surround them in the shadow of Your wing. Go before them and prepare the way for them. If any path is crooked, I ask you to make it straight. Protect them from the schemes of the enemy and keep them from deception. Bring Your perfect peace to their hearts. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

• Prayer for unity - Father, I thank you for blessing me with my family. I ask you to bring us into unity through You. I ask that anything that is hidden in darkness - to cause disunity - will be brought to light. I ask You to lead us into Your perfect truth and help us to be the family You intend us to be. Lord, help us to be a blessing to one another and to others. Reveal Yourself to us and let us come into agreement with You. Lead us in Your ways. Grant us compassionate hearts, fill us with Your love that does not keep records of wrong, and bring joy to our hearts when we think of one another. Bring Your perfect peace and unity into our family. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

#47 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image
Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will give us later. -
Romans 8:18 (NLT)

Prayer for Hard Times - Prayer through Pain
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I sit here this morning with a heart that is breaking, knowing that many of your people are in pain and are struggling this day. I know I am not alone in my own personal struggles. I am finding a very real center of your peace falling around me, and I pray that same peace for my struggling brothers and sisters.. I know that pain and struggle are a part of this fallen world in which we live. I know that until the day of Your return there will continue to be pain. But I also know that in the midst of that pain and suffering, I see the extended hands of my Savior reaching our from His heavenly dwelling place, calling to me, and to all who struggle.

You have such bright piercing eyes and Your compassionate heart for our struggles beats loudly. You are reminding me that everywhere all around me there is evidence of Your Presence -- and in that I can take hope. To be aware of Your presence at this moment is so important in my life. To know that in all things, I can turn to You, and trust You for whatever the circumstances that face me.

You are faithful to those who call You by name and You are gentle and compassionate. Your Word is filled to the brim with hope, and Your great Kingdom that is to come, a shining light on the horizon, that helps me focus on You and Your needs -- instead of my own.

My prayer is for anyone who is at this very moment struggling with things beyond their own control. My prayer is a cry to my King asking for His arms of protection to fall on each one of them. Whatever their struggle this day, Lord, I pray You will reveal Your purposes in that struggle, and I ask You to comfort and sustain the weak ones who are the most susceptible to the snares of Satan -- especially at such a time as this.

I acknowledge in this moment that many times we do not understand the path upon which we walk. Many times we only have enough energy to fall to our knees and acknowledge our weakness. Yet through it all You are with us -- through it all You gently whisper Your truths into our ears. How grateful I am -- especially in this time of struggle -- that You are who You say You are, and You do what You say You do. How blessed I am to serve a God who cherishes His children and provides for all of their needs!

My greatest desire is to serve You and Your people, and my heart of worship for you sustains me -- especially in this season of struggle. There is no better way to live than in Your service. Give us all the wisdom we need to discern the counterfeits that are in place everywhere, and grant us Your loving and compassionate heart to all we meet so we can be true witnesses of Your truths.

In this moment and at this time -- Your truths sustain me. I fall to my knees acknowledging my weakness, and then, seeing Your strength, You reach out from above to touch Your hand to mine. May all I do this day bring You honor and glory!

Prayer for Hard Times -- Making it Personal
Reflect: As hard as it is to understand, it is in the struggles of our lives that we can find the moments of greatest truth. If our hearts and minds are open to His truths, we can find the solace we need for our distress, the wisdom we need for our understanding ,and the love we need to sustain us. It’s all in God’s Word. I would encourage anyone who is struggling today to reach for the Bible and turn your pain into His wisdom which will sustain you -- no matter what your circumstances. This is the best time to seek His Face.

#48 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

Posted Image

Spiritual Warfare Prayer - A Prayer for Protection Spiritual Warfare Prayer
But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you. Therefore ... but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by Him we cry,' 'Abba, Father.'' The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs –heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory. -
Romans 8:10–17

Spiritual Warfare Prayer -- A Prayer of Protection
Prayer: Lord, it is not humanly possible for me in this moment to express with words the awe I feel as I approach You in this time of prayer. All morning You have been leading me away from my own pursuits and drawing me instead into this quiet place. I bow my head to Your authority -- and chose to obey the Holy Spirit’s leading.

My spirit trembles this morning as I realize Your bright light ahead -- leading me deeper into a renewed intimacy with my Risen King. I sense Your divine Presence in this place as You draw me towards a deeper understanding of Your resurrection power. I am humbled in this moment knowing how much You love me and how much You desire to reveal Yourself to me -- and all who pray this prayer.

I bow in the Presence of Your revealed holiness and righteousness. I bow at the realization of what You accomplished when You went to the Cross and rose again. These truths have been fundamental to my Christian walk for years -- yet in this moment I realize that You want to take me deeper in my understanding of what You accomplished.

Your grace and Your mercy flowed out of Your grave as You rescued mankind from their sins through the shedding of Your blood. Your resurrection made possible a "new day" of infinite possibilities to everyone who calls on Your Name. The forgiveness You bought for me that day sustains me. You paid the price for my freedom -- and opened the door to my new life -- ripe with opportunity -- because of the Holy Spirit’s Presence.

I have a long way to go I know in unwrapping the depth of Your sacrifice -- but each new day has proven to me the truths of this amazing sacrifice. There is no other explanation possible as I have witnessed your Holy Spirit’s power at work in my own life, my family’s life, and my church’s life. Your Word is true -- You do what You promise -- and my heart is full of gratitude.

My prayer today is for all of us to grab on with both hands to what You have made available to us. We are not meant to live shallow, lukewarm lives. We are meant to live in the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, who grants us God's own power to take us to the heights in our Christian walk.

Increase our faith, Jesus, so we can claim victory for ourselves, for our family, our church and our nation (1 John 5:4). There is a raging battle in these days for the very soul of man, and I know that many are having their faith challenged. Use Your Holy Spirit’s power to destroy the attempts of the enemy to counterfeit and confuse. Teach us to have confidence in Your power -- especially during the seasons of attack that are on so many right now.

Just recently, Jesus, You helped me to see Your power at work in the life of someone I admire. I watched Satan try to rob this person of their peace and joy. As I prayed for an increased faith, I watched You work through almost overwhelming odds set against them, to emerge stronger on the other side. Only You can do things like this.

My faith tells me that no matter what the world throws at me -- if I keep my eyes fastened on Your goal, I will be stronger, and more like You when I emerge from the field of battle. I have watched You do this over and over again in my life, and in my family’s life, and with each new battle scar my faith, hope and trust has grown. You have renewed and restored me and those for whom I pray, more times than I can count.

Help all of us, my King, to look to Your Cross and Your resurrection from the grave with fresh new eyes. Make us unshakeable, unmovable in our faith as You plant our feet firmly on Your foundation -- which cannot be shaken. Help my brothers and sisters grab on to all You have for them and become the expression of Your love to all they meet. I pray for fruit that lasts forever and for the Holy Spirit power to take them to the heights. Take away our fears and our cold hearts -- and grant us the privilege of picking up Your Cross and following after You.

Your love for us makes all things possible -- help us to be the expression of that love. Help us to take our rightful places, knowing in faith that we will have all we need to overcome and claim the victory. To You be all the honor and glory! AMEN!

Spiritual Warfare Prayer -- Making it Personal
Reflect: As I wrote this prayer I was overcome by spiritual warfare. I found myself battling to stay in the game and not let my focus stray from the goal of completing this devotional. It was a reminder that there is a battle raging both on the earth and in heaven as Satan tries to stop God’s kids from accomplishing the goals set before them. As I relied on the Holy Spirit to overcome the attack, the battle began to grow weaker. When it was over, I knew I had succeeded simply by completing the prayer. It oftentimes takes perseverance -- but in the end, the rewards are huge. I am bathed in God’s love at this moment -- and empowered to keep on, keeping on -- no matter what is set against me. Don’t let the "battle" overcome you. We are in training -- being prepared for the King’s work being done on the earth -- as it is done in heaven. Learn about spiritual warfare and practice it.

#49 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

Prayer for Suffering Souls - A Prayer for Hope
Prayer for Suffering Souls -- Insights from God’s Word Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. -
Philippians 3:12–14

Prayer for Suffering Souls - Strength of Purpose or Retreat?
Prayer: Lord, this morning in the midst of an overwhelming sense of the true magnitude of the battle ahead, I bow my head, bend my knee, and seek Your Face. Amazingly, I am not frightened by this battle, rather, I am beginning to see its end time purpose. There is great joy in my heart today as I know that with my eyes focused on Your Face, I can make sense out of what looks on the surface to be confusion, ridicule, despair, and hopelessness.

As I pray for wisdom and the Holy Spirit’s power, I feel my resolve to fight against the blinding grow. As I pray asking the Holy Spirit specifically for His vision, I am beginning to understand how deadly Satan’s counterfeits can be. As I pray I somehow know that we must defeat these attacks against the Body of Christ by firing off missiles of truth. As I pray I also feel the need to ask You, Lord, for more warriors to walk alongside. I ask You to set free the chosen ones who are being held back for just such a time as this.

Somehow, my King, my spirit recognizes a hunger I have never felt before. I know I don’t fully understand this hunger right now, but in Your timing I am confident it will be filled to the brim, enabling me to walk taller and stronger. I honestly don’t know why I am surprised at the sense I have of Your Presence this morning, but the reflection of Your work being accomplished on the earth somehow makes me stronger, and gives me the courage I need to move forward in Your Holy Spirit power.

O how I yearn for the day when I will have no more questions. I know is possible to have an assurance of faith far stronger than what I presently have -- and this alone gives me courage to keep on, keeping on. I am sustained this morning by Your clarity of vision helping me to see how far I have come and cautioning me not to retreat. The path ahead is full of opportunities for service and for victories -- I only need to look where You have planted Your truths and bask in the reflected power and joy to be found there.

My prayer today is for strength of purpose for those in the Body of Christ who are about to retreat. I am reminded that many are called but few are chosen -- and it makes my heart pound knowing that those who are called are now beginning to mobilize together. What a powerful army that surrounds me. My warrior prayer heart screams out for my brothers and sisters to listen and obey the call You have on their lives, and to lay aside their fears and anxieties and pick up the sword they are given to fight this fight.

I pray for Your chosen ones to recognize that even though they often feel lonely and vulnerable, and even though they suffer much for the cause of Christ, their devotion and passion will see them through. They will grow stronger as they forge ahead -- through the pain and sorrow, knowing that Your grace will be sufficient for their every need.

I also pray, Jesus, that You would begin lighting the candles of Your faithful ones everywhere on the earth so we can easily recognize one another. Ignite the Holy Spirit’s passion in all of us and take captive our minds and our hearts. May all who respond to Your call be given wisdom, clarity of vision and Holy Spirit fire to sustain them. Help us find the solutions to the things that appear to be unsolvable. Create in all who are called to fight, a holy desperation and resolve that focuses their hearts, minds and spirits on Your calling.

Grant Your chosen ones eyes to see with the flint of an eagle's eye, and give them that same calm in the midst of a storm. Help them to soar above the turmoil in their lives. When Your timing is right, help them to focus all their strength on whatever challenges are in their path by adjusting their flight to overcome. Help them to recognize the opportunities they are given in the face of attacks. Help them to overcome and overpower the enemy and send him fleeing. Open the gates for Satan’s retreat, and slam them shut so he can never attack again. May all we do bring you the honor and glory!

Prayer for Suffering Souls -- Making it Personal
Reflect: There are many situations in your life that appear to the naked eye to be out of your control. As Christians we are given many tools to overcome. If you feel your life is drifting with no specific goal or purpose, ask the Holy Spirit to ignite a flame of passion and devotion in your heart. Ask Him to give you His strength and power if you are under attack, and pray for perseverance to fight against your own weaknesses. Ask the Holy Spirit to turn those weaknesses into strengths. Remember, most people who achieve great things are able to overcome and work through the adversity in their lives -- thereby reaching their true potential.

#50 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

wow these are awesome prayers......above....so encouraging

my prayer today for the youth is to know grace, to know Him more, to know that He will satisfy as nothing else will, not the latest fad or craze and to know that He is on your side...

for all those having exams soon, may the Lord grant you wisdom, focus, strength and rest, favour and blessing as you seek to please Him.

#51 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

wow these are awesome prayers......above....so encouraging

my prayer today for the youth is to know grace, to know Him more, to know that He will satisfy as nothing else will, not the latest fad or craze and to know that He is on your side...

for all those having exams soon, may the Lord grant you wisdom, focus, strength and rest, favour and blessing as you seek to please Him.

Amen to your prayer, Lilacday. May the Lord keep all of our youth safe and give them peace....only the peace that He can give.

#52 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:13 AM

Posted ImageWorship Prayers – Insights from God’s Word
The Lord reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment. He will judge the world in righteousness; he will govern the peoples with justice. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Sing praises to the Lord, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done. For he who avenges blood remembers; he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted. -
Psalm 9:7-12

Worship Prayers – God’s Holiness
Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am trembling this morning as I take pen to paper. It is not a trembling of fear but rather that of anticipation. My heart is pounding with excitement at the very Presence of my King in this place and at the realization of Your desire to draw Your people to Yourself. You are getting us to the place where we can listen and hear You speak to us -- for the purpose of mobilizing the army of God.

I am in awe today that in the brief span of just a few minutes alone with my God, You have helped me to see more clearly the magnitude of what You are doing right now -- and even more importantly the magnitude of what You are about to do in the coming days.

Lord, I often look up into Your Face and sense the great love You have for Your people -- and I cherish these moments. But today, I am looking into the Face of my Warrior King -- The Lord of Hosts -- and I bow my head. There is no fear in my heart -- only a reverent realization that our God is indeed an awesome God. and that His glory is about to be revealed on the earth through the release of the mightiest army of believers the world has ever seen. I am trembling at the thought that our great King -- who is about to awaken His sleeping church -- would choose to share this with me and with all who receive this prayer.

In this moment I am on my knees asking You, Lord, to look into the deepest parts of me where my secret bindings lie, and reveal them to me. As I seek Your knowledge, I also seek Your forgiveness. Beyond any doubt I know that it is only through grace that I have arrived at this very key place in my walk with You. As I confess my sins now and repent, (please pause now and do the same if you are praying this prayer) You are releasing in me a fresh, new awareness of where we are in the history of the world and how that should be impacting not just my life and the lives of all those who pray this prayer, but also the hearts of the sleeping, lukewarm Body of Christ.

You are about to awaken a sleeping giant -- the Body of Christ. You are about to give Your body of believers their marching orders and over the coming months and years, we are about to see revealed amazing things that we could never have possibly imagined when we were sleeping. It is clearly time now to begin preparing. Thank You, Lord, for Your Body because it is within each newly awakened church that we will see all the parts coming together in this great effort for Christ. Thank You for the reminder that NOW is the time to get ready -- NOW is the time to be in prayer regularly seeking to know and understand God and His ways little better. NOW is the time to understand that we can listen and hear our God speak into our lives and hearts. NOW is the time to develop the spiritual discipline we will need for what is coming.

Thank You for Your promises which clearly tell us that those who are faithful to Your call will be given all the wisdom, knowledge and strength they need to accomplish what they are called to do. Turn our hearts away from our own selfish desires and re-focus Your Body with a pure and holy motivation that helps them to see clearly. Protect Your Body from the slings and arrows of Satan as he surely recognizes the emerging Body of Christ that will no longer be a sleeping, lukewarm church, but will now become a "Force of God" that will not be defeated.

It is indeed all about You, my King. Now I humbly ask You to bless all who pray this prayer with the touch of Your Holy Spirit gently speaking to them with whatever message You have to send. Help them to be open and receptive to Your "still small voice" and create in them a hunger to know You better and to serve in this newly emerging army of our Most Holy, High God. To You -- Our lord of Hosts -- be all the honor and glory!

Worship Prayers – Making it Personal
Reflect: Our God is a God of immense power and strength. We need to recognize He is the Lord of Hosts and we need to be aware that He is calling His Body to awaken from their slumber and get ready for His call. I would encourage you to spend some quiet time with Him this week where you will not be interrupted. Keep a pad of paper at hand and write down any impressions your receive. Tuck this away somewhere safe. There will be a time when the impressions you receive today will be brought into a clearer focus. Also, this should become a habit as you grow closer and closer to Him. Ask the Holy Spirit before you start to help you hear with His ears, see with His eyes, and think with His mind. The goal is the mind and nature of Christ in us functioning daily in our places of service to the Lord.

#53 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Lord God, we pray that the youth will come to know Your forgiveness and the peace that You bring. Keep them from evil that would destroy their lives. Help them to walk with You so their lives will be good, happy lives. Help them to know that there is victory in Jesus about the problems in their lives. in Jesus' name, amen.

#54 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Father God, we thank You for each day that You have given us. Help us to walk in Your ways and strengthen us in this world. Keep our mind, spirit and body safe from the evils in this world. May we remember that Jesus Christ has the victory over all things.
In Jesus' name, amen.

#55 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Father God, we thank You for Your goodness and Your care towards us, Your children. We pray for any that are suffering or going through trying times. Give us Your strength to endure and to get through these times in our lives. We pray in Jesus' precious name, Amen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name