Hey all, I've been doing some studying on the early Church for a book. Of course, back in the day it was all house churches meeting in caves and crypts and odd places like that.
There was even one in Rome actually meeting inside the Roman baths! (Yeah, that's got to go in the story. )
It gives you a lot to think about, really.
So, I thought I'd start a topic and see what you all wanted to say about that.
* Relevance for today? Pros / cons?
* Would you say these are these similar to small group / home group ministries, or is that something else?
* What about house churches in Acts vs modern missionary movements?
(For example see this missionary's video https://www.youtube....h?v=HV13FyMra54)
* Underground churches in China and other persecuted areas?
* What about coming end-times when everywhere is a persecuted area?
* Will non-institutional churches have a better chance of resisting political pressure?
* Would existing churches be able to transform into underground churches?
Just wide open, here. What do you think?