Faith Is...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Received by hearing God's Word...

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Of the Son of God...

The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Essential to Receiving God's Gift of Salvation...

For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:. it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Justification through Christ...

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

to be continued...

#2 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

A fruit of the Spirit...

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:. against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23
Note:. About meekness, I was taught that it really means "controlled strength."

How we walk...

For we walk by faith, not by sight...
2 Corinthians 5:7

Our shield against Satan's attacks...

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Ephesians 6:16

To be held fast...

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised);...
Hebrews 10:23

to be continued...

#3 oHMs

oHMs
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:23 AM

The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Gal. 2:20 Deb.  My favourite verse.  I have often wondered ... the gospel in a nutshell?

#4 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Substance and Evidence...

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Tested; producing patience...

The trying of your faith works patience. James 1:3

How we resist the devil...

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:. Whom resist stedfast in the faith... 1 Peter 5:8-9

to be con't...

#5 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:25 AM

Looking forward to your thoughts on resisting the devil, for he comes in very subtly. Just a thought that my friends and I are sensing is that the enemy would try and keep us so busy, we don`t give our minds time to rest.

When shopping the music is loud and fast, on the roads the cars are whizzing and people are rushing to and fro. Driven in more ways than one.

The enemy is certainly out to try and drown out the Lord`s quiet voice to our spirits. Restless, emotionally frayed spirits are not good at hearing the Lord.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C, 13 January 2018 - 12:27 AM.

#6 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:41 AM

So true, Marilyn C!

#7 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:21 AM

Do either of you hear much these days about what was called The Quiet Time? For many years it was emphasized as being the basis of our walk with the Lord...taking a quiet time of prayer and Bible (devotional) reading. It's different than just Bible Study, but rather it's to seek to come into the Lord's presence.

I think devotional reading can be very beneficial to us inwardly. Studying can fill the mind, but devotional reading can help our spirits.

About resisting the devil, we need to avoid obvious temptations. Or if we start to realize something is about to become a temptation, then flee it. Don't give it a chance to start it's work in us.

#8 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

So true Deb. And I am seeing more & more that just the ordinary things of this world can distract us and try to fill our time instead of waiting on the Lord, as you say, and getting renewed in our spirits.

For example - are we so busy even at the supermarket that we can`t encourage the check out person, or the shop attendant. They are working away there and are people. I always like to get to know the `coffee` ladies where we go for our weekly morning coffee. They are people and often respond to a few words of encouragement etc.

What other hints to you have, as to being aware in our daily lives and not caught up in the `busyness` of the world.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C, 13 January 2018 - 06:34 PM.

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

I think that's great you take time to get to know the clerks, etc, or at least give them a hello and how are you? I always think of treating others how we like to be treated. Here in L.A. most people don't bother to greet the clerks or other workers, so I think it is appreciated.

About not getting caught up in the busyness of the world, well, I am operating at slower speeds these years. lol. But I think taking time to notice nature or anything of beauty is good for us.

Also, as we walk we can use that time as "quiet time" with the Lord. We don't always need to use words but sometimes just our hearts being turned toward the Lord is a prayer.

#10 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:09 PM

Victory...

This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:4-5

Power...

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain, remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 17:20

#11 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

The Pastor at our Church just started a new study on faith.  We're going to be in Hebrew 11 for a few weeks.  I've heard Hebrews 11 called the "Hall of Faith".

#12 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted Today, 01:50 AM

Hi Tim,

Yes those Old Testament saints believed what God specifically promised them - a city that God would build. However, we, the Body of Christ are also blessed as we have faith for what God specifically promises us - to rule & reign with Christ on His throne in the third heaven. Amazing. Two different groups with two different promises, yet all within God`s great kingdom.

Marilyn.

#13 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted Today, 04:12 AM

That's nice, Tim, sounds like you have a good pastor!

He that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

Looking unto Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name