IPB Style© Fisana

Photo

What denomination is this community centered around?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

What Christian denomination is this community centered around?  :cross:

#2 SongBird

SongBird

Cat Lover (Animal Lover) :)

• Moderators
  • 2,388 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, animals, meeting new friends.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

I'm not sure there is any specific denomination.  I believe all Christian denominations are welcome to fellowship about the Lord here freely.  I am a Messianic Christian.  I am not Jewish that I am aware of.  Although a spiritual Jew I admit to being as the word Jew means "one who praises".  So if you Praise the Lord you are a Jew :)

The Messianic denomination believes that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah of the whole world, the son of God combined with our Jewish roots and traditions that Jesus would have observed.  Not empty rituals but rather the teachings of the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the new covenant (Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, mind and soul; and love your neighbor as you love yourself).  If we observe these two laws we would ultimately fulfill them all.

God bless.

#3 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, I believe SongBird is correct that all Christians from different denominations are welcome here.  I don't consider myself apart of any specific denomination.  I just call myself a Christian.  :)

#4 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

I just consider myself a Christian, not any denomination... although any Christian denomination is welcome here.

We also welcome anyone that might have questions or that wants to grow spiritually in Christ. We try to offer good, sound Christian Bible Studies or articles, etc, as well as sincere fellowship with each other.

#5 oHMs

oHMs
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

Hi Lucian.  I am what is commonly called a Pentecostal.  However, I am happy to be in the company of, and praise the Lord for, anyone who lifts up the name of Jesus, together with our wonderful Father and Holy Spirit, the three persons of the Godhead, and believes in salvation as outlined in God's Word.  I believe God called the whole world to salvation, but we need to choose to be chosen, and stay faithful to Him and His purposes up until the very end (when He calls us home).  God bless you brother.

#6 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Hi Lucian,

I am just a believer of the Lord Jesus Christ and do not belong to any of man`s denominations. I was brought up in the Apostolic denomination and very thankful for the teaching I received. Now however my hubby and I meet with other believers for - meals, fellowship, study of God`s word, prayer and singing, at different times and different places.

Marilyn.

#7 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

Heard a lovely saying today....relating to denominations/church traditions

In essentials......unity

in non essentials........liberty

and in all things.........charity

possibly by Wesley

#8 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:48 AM

I have heard that saying before, Lilacday...yes, it is a lovely way to conduct ourselves towards each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name