IPB Style© Fisana

Photo

Is it possible to doubt Jesus, but love and believe in God The Father?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

Is it possible to doubt Jesus, but love and believe in God The Father? I've found myself being kind of skeptical about Jesus, but prayed a lot to God The Father to deliver me from my sinful habits (I might go as far as calling them addictions), and it seems to be working. The more I pray to God The Father, the more peace I feel and the less I tend to sin. Even if I still don't trust Jesus 100%. Why is that? Is Satan toying with me?

#2 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

Have you ever believed in Christ as your own Savior? We can all experience some doubts at times. But the Lord won't forsake us...

The historian, Josephus, lived at the time of Christ and wrote about Christ.

#3 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

I think we all have doubts from time to time.  I know I've had been down that road a few times.  Something someone taught me is to stick to what the Bible says and you won't go wrong. I've learned that lesson the hard way and I can testify that it is true. The times I've strayed away from the Bible, I've found myself in trouble (at times, very big trouble).

The devil does try to get us to doubt.  Here's what the Word says:

Read the words of Jesus below when he told the Parable of the Sower.

Matthew 13:1-9 "That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea. And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach. And He spoke many things to them in parables, saying, "Behold, the sower went out to sow; and as he sowed, some seeds fell beside the road, and the birds came and ate them up. "Others fell on the rocky places, where they did not have much soil; and immediately they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil. "But when the sun had risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. "Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them out. "And others fell on the good soil and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty. "He who has ears, let him hear." (NASB)

Matthew 13:18-23 "Hear then the parable of the sower. "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road. "The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away. "And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. "And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty." (NASB)

Be identified with the good soil. Don't let anyone or anything steal away the word of the kingdom.

A few more verses:

1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." (KJV)

John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (KJV)

#4 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Jesus is the Good Shepherd and did so many wonderful things for people in His day, and also for people living throughout the ages including now...I wouldn't want to doubt Him.

I think the evil one is giving you doubts about Jesus, just as the evil one tempted Eve to doubt what God said in the beginning.

#5 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Lucian, these verses might be an encouragement to you.

And the Lord said "Simon, Simon! Indeed Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.
Luke 22:31-32

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:7

Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus is praying for us? Also, learn to resist the evil one when he seeks to tempt you. He will flee from you.

#6 Psalm 37:4

Psalm 37:4

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:52 AM

Is it possible to doubt Jesus, but love and believe in God The Father? I've found myself being kind of skeptical about Jesus, but prayed a lot to God The Father to deliver me from my sinful habits (I might go as far as calling them addictions), and it seems to be working. The more I pray to God The Father, the more peace I feel and the less I tend to sin. Even if I still don't trust Jesus 100%. Why is that? Is Satan toying with me?

Hi Lucian,

You'll need Jesus' guidance in order to really have a relationship with God the Father. Jesus is the voice behind the holy spirit and it is Jesus who guides each of us into a transforming life known as sanctification. Judaism is an example of trying to reach God without Jesus. There's only so far each of us can do to reach God. Jesus will take you all the way to God, empowering you to do things that will please God in ways none of us could ever do on our own. Hopefully this will help.

#7 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:35 AM

Lucian, the sanctification Psalm 37:4 mentioned is a lifelong process. We are justified (just as if we had never sinned) immediately upon our belief in Christ as our Savior but sanctification continues throughout our lives. Becoming more and more like the Lord through the years...

#8 Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hi Lucian,

You'll need Jesus' guidance in order to really have a relationship with God the Father. Jesus is the voice behind the holy spirit and it is Jesus who guides each of us into a transforming life known as sanctification. Judaism is an example of trying to reach God without Jesus. There's only so far each of us can do to reach God. Jesus will take you all the way to God, empowering you to do things that will please God in ways none of us could ever do on our own. Hopefully this will help.

It's weird. I feel closer to God The Father whenever I pray directly to God The Father.

I feel like whenever I involve Jesus in prayer, I get all confused about whether I'm polytheistic or not, cause I can't understand the doctrine of The Trinity, and the connection between God and I seems to disappear.

My point is: my doubts about Jesus create anxiety in my prayer life. When I focus only on God The Father my anxiety decreases.

Edited by Lucian Hodoboc, 30 December 2017 - 11:04 AM.

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:43 AM

Lucian, it's okay to pray to our Father. When we say pray in Jesus' name, we mean that we realize that it is because of what Jesus did for us (washed our sins away)...that the Father is hearing our prayers.

Father God, we thank You for Your many blessings to us. We thank You for Lucian coming to fellowship with us and we pray for his needs, that You will help him. We pray for Your strength, protection and guidance for us all. In Jesus' name, amen.

We usually close with "in Jesus' name" but as long as we realize it is because of what Christ did for us that our prayers are heard, an amen is ok. We are not heard because of our righteousness but because of Christ giving us His righteousness, through our faith in Him.

The Trinity is a mystery to all of us, even theologians, so please don't get anxious trying to figure it out. We believe in One God, revealed in three persons... separate but yet a unity (One God).

#10 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Hi Lucian,

I quite understand the difficulty as we are to pray to the Father, (and that is because of Jesus). Now the Father, in our minds can be that steady, caring mature person, whereas we can be confused how they (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) all `work.`

So can I ask what is your understanding of Jesus so far?

regards, Marilyn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name