Jesus Intercedes for Us

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

I have prayed for you.
Luke 22:32

by Charles Spurgeon

How encouraging the thought of the Redeemer's unceasing intercession is for us. When we pray, He pleads for us; and then we are not praying, He is advocating our cause, and by His supplications shielding us from unseen dangers. Notice the word of comfort addressed to Peter -- "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat; but" -- what? "But go and pray for yourself.". That would be good advice, but it isn't written that way. Neither does He say, "But I will keep you watchful, and so you shall be preserved.". That would be a great blessing. No, it is, "But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail.". Little do we know of what we owe to our Savior's prayers.

to be continued...

#2 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Even before Satan had begun to tempt, Jesus had forestalled him and entered a plea in Heaven. Mercy outruns malice. Notice, He doesn't say, "Satan has sifted you, and therefore I will pray" but "Satan has asked to sift you.". He checks Satan even in his very desire, and nips it in the bud. He doesn't say, "But I have desired to pray for you.". No, but "I have prayed for you: I have done it already; I have gone to court and entered a counterplea even before an accusation is made."

Oh Jesus, what a comfort it is that You have pleaded our cause against our unseen enemies; countermined their mines, and unmasked their ambushes. Here is a matter of joy, gratitude, hope and confidence.

#3 Lucian Hodoboc

Lucian Hodoboc

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:11 AM

Who does Jesus intercede between if He Himself is God?

#4 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

Jesus is the Son of God, He intercedes between those of us who believe in Him and the Father.

He that believes in Him is not condemned:. but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

#5 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

God is infinite and has all knowledge so we can't know everything there is to know.  He can be in more than one place at one time.  One example the Bible gives us is the Bible tells us that God's eyes are in ever place:

Proverbs 15:3 "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

The Bible says that God and Jesus are one, yet separate.  I know, at times, it can be hard to understand.  But, with our VERY limited human understanding (after all God created the Universe and everything in it, yet we can only barely get off our own planet), it's nearly impossible for us to completely understand everything there is to know about God.  We can only know whatever He wants us to know and that is through His Word and Spirit who comes to live in us once we've been truly born again.

Here's some Bible verses about the oneness of the Father and the Son.

John 1:1-18

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own,and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’”

16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.  (NKJV)

John 10:30 "I and my Father are one." (KJV)

Colossians 1:15 "The Son is the image of the invisible God...."

There are others, but those are just a few.

Scripture teaches us that Jesus intercedes for us and is our mediator.

Hebrews 7:25 "Therefore He is able to save completely those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them."

1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"

#6 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

So true we cannot understand everything about God! Our minds are limited but God is all powerful and all knowing (omniscient) and present everywhere at once (omnipresent).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name