Grow in Grace

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:04 AM

Grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 3:18

Grow in Grace -- not in one grace only, but in all grace. Grow in that root of grace, faith. Believe the promises more firmly than you have done. Let faith increase in fullness, constancy, simplicity. Grow also in love. Ask that your love may become extended, more intense, more practical, influencing every thought, word and deed.

Grow likewise in humility. Seek to lie very low and know more of your own nothingness. As you grow downward in humility, seek also to grow upward -- having nearer approaches to God in prayer and more intimate fellowship with Jesus.

May God the Holy Spirit enable you to "grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

by Charles Spurgeon

#2 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Wow, this is such a treasure Deb. I so love the way you just write a small portion so that we can digest it slowly & not choke on too much.

I am going to `copy and paste` that for meditating on. Thanks again, good and relevant words for now.

Edited by Marilyn C, 16 December 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:20 AM

Yes, Charles Spurgeon really says so much in just two short paragraphs! I am trying to post more of his writings lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name