IPB Style© Fisana

Photo

Christ in Revelation - Vision 4. The New Jerusalem.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

The Great White Throne

When God`s work in time has finished, there will be a Great White Throne Judgment. The judge opens the `books.` Those whose names are in the book of life will not be judged, however every other person will be judged on how they lived their life – their works according to their God given conscience – some to eternal fire & others to life.

`And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. .And another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.`
(Rev. 20: 11 – 15)

The New Heavens & New Earth.

`And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and first earth had passed away....` (Rev. 21: 1)

This is the beginning of eternity. All things have been made new. All rulership is to be restored under Christ in the universe. The first area was in the third heaven (previously) with Christ & His Body as king priests. Then there will come restoration in other realms.

#2 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

The New Jerusalem.

In eternity it will be time for the other realms to come under Christ`s rulership. It is from the area of Christ`s throne that the new Jerusalem comes down to near the earth. It is the next rulership to be put in place under Christ.

`....prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.` (Rev. 21: 2)

Bride – Heb. `Kallah` meaning as if perfect, from primary root – to complete, make perfect.

The city is a community of people that God has `made perfect.` They believed God`s promise that He would build a city for them.

`...he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.` (Heb. 11: 10)

These are the `just,` (righteous – pre-cross) men and women who believed that God would take them to this city. They awaited in the General assembly in heaven, (Heb. 12: 23) till God`s appointed time. So when the New Jerusalem descends they are given new bodies and are the residents of this palatial city.

Description of the City.

The whole city is described as a `cube,` (four square) which is symbolic of the Holy of Holies in which God spoke to Israel. Thus the city, the community of people is the place where God dwells by His Spirit and speaks to and through His people out to the nations of the world. (Tabernacle – means to dwell)

It is symbolically 12,000 furlongs square. The word `furlongs,` in Greek is `stao,` meaning a measurement & figuratively a covenant. Thus we realise that this city is the one `covenanted` to people in Israel.

Upon the city is God`s glory that shines brighter than the sun, with the city like a crystal reflecting this. Its purpose is to bring forth Christ`s rulership over the earth.

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

The Great White Throne Those whose names are in the book of life will not be judged, however every other person will be judged on how they lived their life – their works according to their God given conscience – some to eternal fire & others to life.

Marilyn, have a question about the above remark "some to eternal fire and others to life."

I thought the people who don't know Christ as their Savior will be judged to a greater or lesser degree, according to their works. Although their punishment might be less, I wouldn't think they would be passed into life...if they haven't been regenerated by the Holy Spirit.

#4 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hi Deb,

A very important point - those at the Great White Throne. Now remember people eg who were in deepest, darkest Africa, for example never knew of Christ, but they did have a God given conscience and that is what they will be judged on - how they lived according to their conscience of right and wrong. Those whose works showed that they tried to live right, `morally,` will be able to go on to the new earth, for we read about the nations on the new earth. (Rev. 21: 24)

God is righteous and just and only judges people according to the revelation of what they know in life. Remember not everyone down through the centuries had the blessing of knowing there is a Saviour - Jesus. We are most privileged of all peoples.

Blessing, Marilyn.

#5 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,474 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

Yes, I do understand people having a conscience from God and some do live according to their conscience. I have heard of someone, I think in the jungle, that when the missionary came and told of Christ, the person knew that Christ was the One.

But I have never heard of people that live morally going to populate the New Earth...this leaves salvation through Christ out of the picture. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this subject.

#6 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

Hi Deb,

Some people have never heard of Christ, so are they condemned for that? God has nature and the stars etc to show His handiwork and people know there is a higher being.

`For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and God head, so that they are without excuse...` (Rom. 1: 20)

There in Romans we see that God has made His invisible attributes clearly seen and some people do not glorify Him. However God is just and those who do live by their conscience will go into the new earth. This does not mean people in countries where there is ample voices of the gospel to be heard, yet turn away and think they can just live a moral life. I do not mean those people. Only those in places where the gospel had never been (not many places now) & they will be judged according to the `light ` they received from God.

It is always the heart the Lord looks at, and many who have never had the opportunity to hear of Christ, when they do, their hearts are ready, just like you said.

Marilyn.

#7 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

The Jewels of the Foundations – Christ the KingPriest.

God promised to Israel that `Behold, I will lay your stones with colourful gems, and lay your foundations with sapphires....and all your walls of precious stones.` (Isa. 54: 11 & 12)

`For he (Abraham) waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.` (Heb. 11: 10)

Foundations – Gk. `themelioo,` to lay a foundation, to appoint, ordain.

God has built this city, the New Jerusalem, and has appointed and ordained the Lord Jesus Christ, heaven`s KingPriest, as its Ruler. The High Priests would wear the breastplate with the 12 precious gems representing the 12 tribes of Israel and each name of a tribe had a meaning. Christ is the eternal High Priest and each precious stone reveals something of His character and office in Rulership.

#8 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Christ`s Character and Offices.

Christ the Voice of God.

1. Jasper – Naphtali – Conqueror.
2. Sapphire – Simeon – Voice of God.
3. Chalcedony – Zebulon – dwelling.

Christ the conqueror, is the Voice of God dwelling with His people.

Christ the King.

4. Emerald – Reuben – Firstborn, heir.
5. Sardonyx – Asher – Blessing.
6. Sardius – Judah – King, ruler.

Christ the firstborn & heir, is the King giving blessings.

Christ the Priest.

7. Chrysolite – Gad – Righteousness & justice.
8. Beryl – Levi – Priest.
9. Topaz – Issachar –Wisdom.

Christ the High Priest, judges with wisdom, righteousness and justice.

Christ at God`s Right Hand.

10. Chrysoprase – Manassah – forgiveness.
11. Jacinth – Ephraim – doubly fruitful.
12. Amethyst – Benjamin – at the right hand of the Father.

Christ the KingPriest, at the right hand of the Father, gives forgiveness & blessings.

(The Stones. Ex. 28: 17 – 21,
the tribes. Num. 10: 14 – 17,
the meanings. Gen. 29: 32, 30: 1 – 24, 35: 18 Rev. 21: 19 & 20 )

#9 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Christ the King. (The Throne)

`And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God & of the lamb shall be in it,....`(Rev. 22: 3)

The word, `throne,` represents the rule & authority of God. We know that God`s eternal throne is in the highest heavens whereas this `throne,` in the New Jerusalem is just above the earth in the universal heavens. It is God & the Lamb`s rule & authority through Israel out to the nations of the world.

Christ`s rulership is based on His Righteous character and consists of the two offices of King & Priest. So who has Christ prepared for these important responsibilities?

Kings

The 12 Apostles of the Lamb, were promised this high position, and there we see that they are written on the `foundation of the walls.` Jesus speaking to His 12 disciples –

`Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed me will also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.`(Matt. 19: 28)
` Now the wall of the city had 12 foundations, & on them were the names of the 12 apostles of the Lamb.` (Rev. 21: 14)

Priests

Christ has set aside 144,000 priests relating to the 12 tribes of Israel. These are symbolically described as `144 cubits,` - Heb. `ammah,` meaning the unit of measurement.

These 144,000 priests were the beginning, the first fruits unto God – the measurement -`pure unto God.` (Rev. 14: 1 – 5) God has promised that Israel will be `a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.` (Ex. 19: 6)

#10 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

Christ the High Priest. (The Temple)

`I saw no temple in it, for the Lord Almighty and the Lamb are its Temple;..` (Rev. 21:22)

The High Priest`s office was associated with the Temple. He not only interceded for the nation of Israel but he & other priests presided over the nation`s treasuries. (1 Chron. 9: 26) The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal High Priest is greater than the temple and he presides over greater treasures.

`...in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.` (Col. 2: 3)

The riches of His love, His kindness & mercy, His wisdom & knowledge are all greater than the temple`s earthly riches. And the glory of Christ far exceeds any sun or moon, no wonder that the kings of the earth desire to enter this wondrous place. (Rev. 21: 22 – 27)

The blessings within the New Jerusalem are now shown to us as a river & a tree with all kinds of fruit. These represent spiritual realities.

The `river of life,` is Christ`s own divine nature that is sent forth from God by the Holy Spirit to refresh, energise & give continuous life to the people. (Rev. 22: 1)

The `tree of Life,` with its 12 fruits each month is the life of service coming from Christ`s life. This enables the community to function & serve, being fruitful in every good work with the `leaves,` drawing in nutriment for continuous health. (Rev. 22: 2)

#11 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

FINAL WORDS

The Prophecy – Faithful & True.

At the conclusion of the revelation of Jesus, the angel tells John that the prophecy is faithful & true & that the unfolding of these things will shortly begin to take place. This would be from the building of the Body of Christ through to the New Jerusalem.

`Then he said to me, “These words are faithful & true,”
And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show his servants
the things which must shortly take place.`
(Rev. 22: 6)

The Lord then declares that when He comes it will be quickly, suddenly, & by surprise.

Behold, I am coming quickly!
Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
(Rev. 22: 7)

Quickly – Gk. `tachu,` meaning shortly, without delay, by surprise, suddenly.

John is awestruck by the visions & was about to worship the angel, but the angel told him that he was also a servant & to worship only God.

`Now I, John, saw & heard these things. And when I heard & saw,
I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things,
Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that.
For I am your fellow servant, & of your brethren the prophets,
& of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
(Rev. 22: 8 & 9)

The angel then says that the time for the unfolding of the prophecy is to begin & that judgment is coming for the righteous & the unrighteous.

`And he said to me, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book,
for the time is at hand.
“He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy,
let him be filthy still; he who is righteous,
let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still.”
(Rev. 22: 10 & 11)

The Lord again declares that when He comes it will be suddenly & a surprise, but that He after the judgment will come the rewards, each according to his deeds.

`And behold, I am coming quickly, & My reward is with Me,
to give to everyone according to his work.`
(Rev. 22: 12)

#12 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Christ`s Signature.

The Lord Jesus Christ, the sovereign ruler of the universe, the King of kings & Lord of lords, supreme above every power & authority finally signs His signature, just - Jesus. All the titles do not change the meek & humble heart of our Saviour, Jesus.

` I, Jesus....` (Rev. 22: 16)

Then the Lord Jesus makes His final profound declarations of who He is. These words are inclusive of everything, everywhere & eternally, giving the whole range of revelation, creation & mediation of our Lord.

“I am the Alpha & Omega, the Beginning & the End, the first & the Last.”
(Rev. 22: 13)

I am Alpha and Omega: the subject of Revelation.

These words, `Alpha & Omega,` constitute the initial & final letters of the alphabet of New Testament revelation. With regards to our Lord He is the Reservoir of all wisdom & knowledge, & the Source & Author of all revealed truth.

The alphabet never grows old & never wears out & is the key to all literature, just as Christ is the fullness of all Revelation, for He is the Word of God. He is the Subject of the Bible,& the Centre of the Divine purpose. He is the fullness of abiding peace, & the Crown of revelation.

I am the Beginning and the End: the Source of Creation.

Christ is the beginning & the End as the Creator & Upholder of all things. His will directs all the laws of the universe according to His determinate counsel. He is the mighty architect of Creation & constellations & the Designer & Destiny of everything visible & invisible.

I am the first and Last: the Surety of Redemption.

As the First & Last, Christ precedes & succeeds all other leaders, rulers & teachers of every age & in every realm. The honours of His name as a mediator soar loftily above all other titles & the holiness of His character is the personal quality which is establishes His sceptre forever.

#13 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

Christ the Architect.

This is the Lord`s last reference to His own majestic personality. He uses three figures of speech which signify His authorship, leadership & governorship in relation to the New Jerusalem.

I am the Root & the offspring of David,
the bright & Morning Star.”
(Rev. 22: 16)

I am the Root of David:  Deity.

This title depicts Christ as being the originator of David`s life for behind David`s ancestry, authority & ability stands the Almighty One, Jesus Christ the Lord. Moreover Christ the Shepherd-Saviour is the supreme Sovereign, the very King of kings & Lord of lords who planned & directed David`s royal line.

I am the Offspring of David: Royal.

Christ came in His humanity as the Son of David, from the tribe of Judah. He was from the seed & house of David, the city & tabernacle of David, the throne & kingdom of David. These all show the vital link in David`s lineage for Christ to be the rightful king, as David`s offspring.

I am the Bright and Morning Star: Prince.

Christ is referred to as the Star that shall come out of Jacob. (Num. 24: 17)

Star – Heb. `kowkab,` meaning a star, shining, & fig. a prince.

Thus Christ in His celestial supremacy as Star of the morning is the supreme Prince & Ruler. He soars above the bravest of Israel`s kings & towers in dignity & dominion far beyond the renown of David`s royalty.

`Messiah the Prince...` (Dan. 9: 25)

Prince – Heb. `nagid,` a commander, leader, governor,

These titles show clearly that it is the Lord Jesus Christ who planned this city of David, the New Jerusalem. He is the architect & builder. He is the One who has the right to rule there as its Prince – the supreme ruler & governor.

` the city which has foundations, whose architect &builder is God.`
(Heb. 11: 10 Rhm - Rotherham)

Edited by Marilyn C, 16 December 2017 - 01:30 AM.

#14 Marilyn C

Marilyn C

Big Member

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

Christ`s Invitation.

Those who obey God`s commandments are the blessed ones who may enter the new Jerusalem & receive of eternal life through Jesus. But those who are evil cannot enter.

`Blessed are those who do His commandments,
that they may have the right to the tree of life,
& may enter through the gates into the city.

But outside are dogs & sorcerers & sexually immoral & murderers
& idolaters & whoever loves & practises a lie.`
(Rev. 22: 14 & 15)

The Holy Spirit & those of the New Jerusalem (the bride) invite those who are desiring
eternal life, to come & `drink,` of the water of life – Christ`s life in the New Jerusalem.

` And the Spirit & the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say,
“Come!” And let him who thirsts come.
And whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.`
(Rev. 22: 17)

However there are warnings given to not add or take away from what God has written in His prophecy in Revelation.

`For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book:
If anyone adds to these things,
God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
& if anyone takes away from the words of this prophecy,
God shall take away his part from the book of life, from the holy city,
& from the things which are written in this book.`
(Rev. 22: 18 & 19)

Finally the Lord Jesus declares again that when He comes it will be suddenly. The Apostle John replies, “even so, come, Lord Jesus”. May that be our prayer also.

`He who testifies to these things says
“ surely I am coming quickly!”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.’
(Rev. 22: 20 & 21)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name