Overview

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Marilyn C

Marilyn C
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

`The unveiling of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him...` (Rev. 1: 1)

Revelation - from the Greek word, `apocalypse,` meaning to unveil.

There has never been any monuments erected in honour of great personalities throughout the centuries that is comparable to the magnificence of this unveiling of Jesus Christ and the magnitude of His triumph.

What inexpressible pleasure God the Father enjoyed when unveiling His Son`s true character and credentials for the purpose of showing to His bond servants the regal nature of His well beloved.

The unveiling of Christ`s deity was given to John, the Apostle and he was to write it down for the Body of Christ down through the centuries. `Blessed is he who reads...` this prophecy as it shows the full manifestation of Christ enthroned and empowered on high. It is the Lord Jesus Christ, not only the Son of Man, but the Son of God.

regards, Marilyn.

#22 Tea Tyme

Tea Tyme
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Well, like I said, we can agree to disagree. : )

Hi Debp,

I agree to agree to disagree. The only things we have to be 100% on is the Gospel, right?  I noticed something and give me your feed back on this. If you go to Chapter Seven where the 144,000 are being sealed and there is also another group that comes out of great tribulation (verse 14), then mentally pick up this chapter and carry it over to chapter fourteen and fifteen, we see the 144,000 are now retired, there job is done and they are singing their new song in heaven. The same group we saw in Chapter seven is seen in chapter fifteen. I thought this was interesting because somewhere between chapter seven and fourteen the 144,000 did their job. Some scholars see the two witnesses as the 144,000, so if they go up in Chapter 11, verse 12, then that would put them into the retirement we see in fourteen.  So this group seems to be protected from the worst part of the tribulation that starts after the seventh trumpet sounds. I was thinking this group is the Philadelphian remnant that is promised to be protected from the hour of God's judgment. I know a pastor who does not believe in the rapture and I told him, it doesn't matter how God chooses to protect this remnant your job as a pastor is to get your congregation into that Philadelphian category. He said he got it.  It's interesting anyway. God bless. - Tea

#23 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 PM

Hi Tea...The Book of Revelation with the 144,000, etc, is a mystery to me. Maybe someone else has some input on your question?

#24 Marilyn C

Marilyn C
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:31 PM

I think that topic, (144,000) would be good on its own thread and for us to keep going slowly through the book of Revelation a step at a time. If we jump ahead then we can miss what God is showing preciously.

regards, Marilyn. 

#25 Marilyn C

Marilyn C
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:34 PM

In Rev. 1 we now come to the first of Christ`s First Triune Titles.

`Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the first-born from the dead,& the ruler over the kings of the earth.` (Rev. 1: 5)

The Faithful Witness – The integrity of His ministry.

As a witness Christ far exceeds all others because of the greatness of the witness He bears. He did not trifle over transient things but testified to eternal truth. In His message to mankind He unveiled the mysteries of God, foretold the future of nations & disclosed the issues of life.

The Firstborn from the dead – His conquering victory over the enemy.

This title shows Christ`s victory over Satan, sin & death. Christ battled against the enemy & conquered victoriously. He died, rose again & ascended to sit at the Father`s right hand on high. This certifies His authority forever as the One who can never know defeat. He is preeminent even of the dead, as the first manifested alive from the dead.

The Ruler over the kings of the earth – His ultimate authority over all Rulers.

Christ is ruler, king of the regency of truth in the heavenly realms. (John 18: 36 & 37) And finally He will bring this rule to bear over the nations of this world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name