Communion encouragement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:58 PM

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to His disciples, saying, "Take and eat, this is my body."
Matthew 26:26

"Take and eat," spiritually understood, are the gospel of the grace of God. Every disciple of Jesus Christ may hear a spiritual voice saying to him concerning Christ, "Take and eat." And to anyone who fears that he is not His disciple, these words are the gift of almighty love.

Jesus holds out the bread and says, "Receive it.". No one earns or deserves this bread; it is to be taken. However unworthy I feel, if Jesus says, "Take it," I will take it by grace. Do you need a Savior? There He is, take Him. Do you desire to be delivered from the power of sin; take Him, to do it. Do you desire to live a holy, godly life? Here is One who can wash you and enable you to live this way. Take Him; He is as free as the air. You have no more to pay for Christ than you have to pay for your next breath. Take Him in. That is the gospel.

By Charles Spurgeon, known as the prince of preachers.

#2 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:08 AM

The above is so encouraging to me. Man may put up rules or barriers about who may come and partake of communion...but our Lord puts up no barriers. His grace is free...we do not have to earn it. Simply trust, believe in Him as our Savior. Christ has paid the price for us, so we do not need to do anything to deserve His grace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name