Photo

Single Father.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gregory47

Gregory47
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Fitness, Comics, Music.

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

I am 46 and a Single parent. I have a 12 year old daughter with my former Girlfriend. I decided not to date until I had healed from the end of my previous relationship which was messy emotionally and mentally. I want to hear from other single parents who have been through my situation and offer me encouragement and advice.

#2 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:12 PM

Dear Gregory,

May GOD guide me as I respond to your post.

I am a single parent. I have 5 children from a man who never loved me, strange as it may sound. I had a difficult upbringing. I carried this emotional baggage into a relationship that was not godly. I thought I could find the love I so yearned for. As you can imagine, the relationship was doomed from the start and was filled with so much pain. I cried so much that I thought I would never be able to cry again.  John 3:16 is special to me but until recently I did not realise just how special. Fast forward to the year 1999. GOD led me to join a Baptist church. A wonderful pastor used of GOD and with a gift in preaching and teaching, led me to repent of my sinful life and give my life to the Lord. By His grace, I have never looked back.  I now know what John 3:16 means for me. GOD has made known to me that His great love for me is the best love I can ever experience. No other love from a human being can ever compare. It has taken a long time for me to heal within. I have fallen in love with GOD and my eyes have been illumined to His glory.

Its obvious that you are wounded deep within your soul and only GOD can provide the healing at the level you need Gregory. You must look to the Lord as your strength and lift up your spirit. May you trust Him wholeheartedly. Be encouraged because He knows the pain you are enduring. He knows the heartache you carry because of not being able to see your daughter and the ending of a relationship with a girlfriend that has left you emotionally and mentally scarred. He knows Gregory. GOD is sovereign, so hold onto Him no matter what. The Bible is designed specifically for our seasons of testing, therefore, we have His promises to hold onto. The word of GOD is sharp enough and powerful enough to cut through our pain. It counsels us that The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and He saves those who are crushed in spirit(Psalm 34:18) and The Lord is the restorer of our souls(Psalm 23:3).

I have prayed for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name