15 replies to this topic

#1 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:51 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:1

KJV 1 Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.

WEB 1 Who is like the wise man? And who knows the interpretation of a thing? A man’s wisdom makes his face shine, and the hardness of his face is changed.

These are my thoughts.

Where do find our wisdom from man or from God?

#2 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:22 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:2

KJV 2 I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.

WEB 2 I say, “Keep the king’s command!” because of the oath to God.

These are my thoughts.

We should not make oaths but simply live to follow the Word of our Lord and King. 

#3 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:11 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:3
KJV 3 Be not hasty to go out of his sight: stand not in an evil thing; for he doeth whatsoever pleaseth him.
WEB 3 Don’t be hasty to go out of his presence. Don’t persist in an evil thing, for he does whatever pleases him,

These are my thoughts.
This is the way the world lives we are to live for Him so we stay in His presence. 

#4 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:4

KJV 4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

WEB 4 for the king’s word is supreme. Who can say to him, “What are you doing?”

These are my thoughts.

Kings have power but the Lord has all power. 

#5 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:53 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:5

KJV 5 Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.

WEB 5 Whoever keeps the commandment shall not come to harm, and his wise heart will know the time and procedure.

These are my thoughts.

We are wise to follow God’s commandments and stay away from evil. 

#6 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:33 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:6

KJV 6 Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.

WEB 6 For there is a time and procedure for every purpose, although the misery of man is heavy on him.

These are my thoughts.

God has a purpose for all things. 

#7 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:59 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:7
KJV 7 For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
WEB 7 For he doesn’t know that which will be; for who can tell him how it will be?

These are my thoughts.
Only God truly knows, this is why we have to walk after Him thru faith. 

#8 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, architecture.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Thanks again for your posts Clark. Appreciate you...

#9 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:8
KJV 8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
AKJV 8 There is no man that has power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither has he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

These are my thoughts.
It is only by Jesus that we can do this. 

#10 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:51 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:9
KJV 9 All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.
AKJV 9 All this have I seen, and applied my heart to every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man rules over another to his own hurt.

These are my thoughts.
The heart leads people many different ways but it is more important that we follow Jesus with my heart. 

#11 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:10
KJV 10 And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.
AKJV 10 And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.

These are my thoughts.
Perhaps one of the saddest things is wasting a life away.

#12 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:53 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:11

KJV 11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

AKJV 11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

These are my thoughts.

Our hearts lead us to evil this is why we have to let Jesus change our hearts. 

#13 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Ecclesiastes 8:13
KJV 13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
AKJV 13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he fears not before God.

These are my thoughts.
The wicked days will be short because eternity of judgment is forever. We need to cling to the grace of the Lord and have a fear for Him. 

#14 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

Ecclesiastes 8:12
KJV 12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
AKJV 12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:

These are my thoughts.
Nothing is better then walking with the Lord. 

#15 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:32 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:14
KJV 14 There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.
AKJV 14 There is a vanity which is done on the earth; that there be just men, to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.

These are my thoughts.
We cant think that blessings and punishment are meant to be on earth. 

#16 clark thompson

clark thompson

Little Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:34 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:15

KJV 15 Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.

AKJV 15 Then I commended mirth, because a man has no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labor the days of his life, which God gives him under the sun.

These are my thoughts.

There is nothing better then the blessings of the Lord, the greatest is salvation and His love. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name