Handpainting on Sneakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Well, a few months back, I started hand painting sneakers. Sadly, I am not a good drawer and so I transfer the art onto the sneaker using graphite transfer paper. Then I start the process of painting. I use both the posca paint pens and acrylics with a brush. I seal the art with a fabric sealant. My last project was for my daughter for her youth camp which focussed on the book of James - The Wonder of The Worthy One and Worthless, Workless faith which I transferred using fancy writing and and embellished with swarovski rhinestones. She was the talk of the youth camp as they oohed and aahed over her sneakers. My little niece commissioned me to do a hallo kitty design for her and another daughter asked me to paint the planet Saturn. I would love to tackle a moon glow against a dark night - hmm... we'll see.

Painting on sneakers is a process and very time consuming but so satisfying. Once I gain momentum in the painting process I dont like to be disturbed. Ive watched and Indian girl from South Africa draw free hand and then paint in her designs and her work just blows me away - the paintings look so real!

#2 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

Any painters who can give me some tips on this? Acrylic paint does seem to crack - how do I get around this? Could it be the quality of acrylics im using?

I also handcraft jewellery and had hoped that i could take this as a ministry into a womens prison here. However, the prison warden has indicated that the tools I use would not be allowed into the prison. So, Ive been thinking how else I could go about this. My other thought was to make jewellery that does not require the tools, I dont know. When I visited a womans prison sometime back I felt that I would love to do something with the women. I guess I would also need to be totally committed and spiritually mature so i will continue to pray.

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:20 PM

Cleo, craft stores here sell paint that adheres to fabric....I wonder if you need that type of paint?  Sounds great though!  Maybe you can paint some verses on the backs of T-shirts?  Maybe with the prison women?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name