• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ELiza

ELiza
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Recently i feel so sad and discouraged about so many things going on in my life
I keep having problems with Lust and sexual impure thoughts though I`ve never had sex before i pray often about this asking God to deliver me from this habit. It is really weighing me down and my christain life has known no real big progress for the past five years i feel so bad
in addition to that i`ve really had so many battles with sin and failures in their numbers can some1 out there who cares and fears God care to give me some encouragement and godly advice on what to do.

#2 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Praying for you. :)

Here's a verse for discouragement:

Psalm 43:5 "Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!" (NLT)

Put your hope in God and praise Him!

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Do you read and meditate on the Word of God? Meditating on the Word will help to get it inside of you more. Then your thought llife will be more in line with your Christian life. When evil thoughts start to come, you need to immediately reject them. Don't entertain them. You can't think on two things at one time, so replace the evil thoughts with some promises from the Bible, God's Word.

For your past sins, there is always forgiveness...read those promises in God's Word like 1 John 1:9. However, once you are forgiven, don't dwell on past sins....instead seek to walk with Jesus. Remember the spiritual mind leads to life and peace....the carnal mind leads to death.

#4 ELiza

ELiza
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

thank you TimM
it really kept me encouraged and i seem to have tried keeping away from evil thoughts this week.
not by my own power , but by God`s strength and grace
I just happened to have seen alot of His mercy towards me this week i believe ur prayer helped a lot.
Thanks a million And may God bless you abundantly with all Good gifts resrved for you this week

#5 ELiza

ELiza
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Thank you Furry & Feathered Friend Lover just wanted to say that some of those evill thoughts and sexual desires seem to have come over me when in the presence of God or just when i finished meditating and reading the word of God abundantly
that`s why i felt so bad and downcast that after serving God such a thing should be happening to me
it really hurt me alot and broke my spiritual life more and more to pieces in a way that my meditaion became more of a routine than an actual fact i even ceased praying in full measure i was just downcast
i tried all i could possibly do to no avail it just kept hunting me
But I thank God i`ve experienced a full week of His grace as i came accross a passage in 2 corinthians when Apostle Paul had asked God three times to take awy the torn in his flesh and God told him that " MY grace is sufficient for you " i was moved by that because God wants to use my weakness to show His strength and Grace i thank Him for that and i just realized this week that i did not even desire anything sexually immoral or even look at such i was just fine
Glory be to God
But trust me my dear I`ll try and keep to hat precious advice of yours
God Bless you and have a pleasant and wonderful week

#6 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Eliza, so glad to hear you are doing better with the Lord's help! "Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world...."

#7 ELiza

ELiza
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

Eliza, so glad to hear you are doing better with the Lord's help! "Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world...."

well I`m really happy myself and recently i even had to render ministry to one girl here in africa, cameroon in my church who is suffering rejection from her mom and even seemed to have had a spiritual opression from demons
my family and her just had to to undergo a deliverance session with her 2 nights ago i felt tired but happy that i was rendering service to the lord by helping someone in need.
Here in Africa , Cameroon there are so many cases like that with girls having spiritual husbands but i`m glad she was eventually free.My family and I with the young girl undergoing deliverance just had to stand on the word of God and she was free.
Praise the lord
please have a blessed weekend God be with you.Psalm 91

#8 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Glad the girl is better/free in the Lord. I hope she will read the Bible so she can stand against the enemies attacks better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name