16 replies to this topic

#1 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:art, Bible, crafts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

I have some art that has been laying around my house, plus, if I had a reason, I'd probably do some more, so, this thread is for my art.

I figure I'll add them as I do them. It might not be very often, or, who knows, maybe I'll get inspired.

Edited by calicoskittens, 22 October 2011 - 10:54 AM.

#2 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

This is a sketch I did one day when I was thinking about how Jesus loves us and how the Bible says that his love is like a husband for his bride. I was surprised by this love and still am to this day, and I tried to portray this in my picture.

It is called "The Husband and His Bride"

http://presentprepar...de-w-signature/

Edited by calicoskittens, 24 October 2011 - 07:32 AM.

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Beautiful artwork, Calico! While no active selling is allowed on the site, we'd love to see your paintings.

#4 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

Beautiful artwork, Calico! While no active selling is allowed on the site, we'd love to see your paintings.

Thank you.

Okay, I'm confused. :blush: I thought that was the point of this section. So, then do I put a link to the place where I can sell it? This is really embarrassing.

So, the point of this forum is to say, here is what I think is a gorgeous picture?

That's okay with me. I just want to understand.

Edited by calicoskittens, 23 October 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#5 SongBird

SongBird

Cat Lover (Animal Lover) :)

• Moderators
  • 2,388 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, animals, meeting new friends.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

The purpose of this website is for fellowship about Jesus not for selling and marketing things. It is ok to post pictures that you enjoy and want to share though. :priest:

#6 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

The purpose of this website is for fellowship about Jesus not for selling and marketing things. It is ok to post pictures that you enjoy and want to share though. :priest:

That's correct, Songbird. Everyone please see the Board Guidelines about no self-promotion allowed. If we didn't have that rule, then alot of spammers would come just to post and sell or advertise things. (We moderators delete many of those types of posts and then ban those members.)

Calico, if someone sees your art and likes it enough to contact you, that is ok. But just no active selling. Don't be embarrassed; it was an honest mistake. :flowers: We also had to tell Zerish no active selling of necklaces on the forum and I had to modify her post slightly, too, to make it fit the art section.

P.S. Is your painting of a certain city? Or just something you put together in your mind? It really is beautiful. I used to do oil painting, my walls are loaded. :D

#7 SongBird

SongBird

Cat Lover (Animal Lover) :)

• Moderators
  • 2,388 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, animals, meeting new friends.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

What you can do is put your "URL" the address to your own website in your profile so that if anyone is interested in your stuff they can check you out through your Profile/website address. I hope this helps :) :priest:

#8 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Thanks guys. Well, I've sort of avoided going and reading all the rules. I suppose it's time I did so. I guess doing so would have helped me to avoid this mistake.

Since that is the case I believe I shall remove that picture and put another one on here that is more in keeping with the purpose of this website. I only had in mind to sell that one. It has no real connection to me and my life now. I painted it when I was in highschool, and to answer your question it was simply a picture out of a magazine. I was doing a perspective drawing in highschool art class. I found out years later that it is actually the University of MN, Minneapolis, and that by someone else who told me what it is. I haven't even checked it out myself. I just trusted them. I suppose it was an advertisement for the school. My teacher entered it into the Milwaukee Art Journal Contest and it won a small award. So, I guess I'll keep it. I do have the award, and perhaps it's best to keep them together anyway. It shows I have a little bit of talent anyway.

I've been exploring ways to make money and I guess art is not the one because it just seems that every door has been shut in that direction. Now I just use art for our newsletters to say something I want to say and once in awhile I use it on my blog.

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Calico, I'm sorry you took the painting of the city scene out of your post. It really was beautiful.

Paintings, etc, in this section don't need to be "religious" in nature. After all, the Lord is with us throughout our daily lives....if we are enjoying the beauty of His creation or walking down a street listening to the birds, times of laughing/enjoying friends, times of relaxation, etc....God is with us in everything we do.

#10 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Calico, I'm sorry you took the painting of the city scene out of your post. It really was beautiful.

Paintings, etc, in this section don't need to be "religious" in nature. After all, the Lord is with us throughout our daily lives....if we are enjoying the beauty of His creation or walking down a street listening to the birds, times of laughing/enjoying friends, times of relaxation, etc....God is with us in everything we do.

I just edited this because somehow I goofed up and lost my words. Here is some of my work.
http://presentpreparation.wordpress.com/art-by-lisa-kuechler/
[img]http://http://presentpreparation.wordpress.com/art-by-lisa-kuechler/[/img]

Edited by calicoskittens, 01 November 2011 - 02:47 PM.

#11 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

I just edited this because somehow I goofed up and lost my words. Here is some of my work.
http://presentpreparation.wordpress.com/art-by-lisa-kuechler/
[img]http://http://presentpreparation.wordpress.com/art-by-lisa-kuechler/[/img]

Really beautiful artwork. I love the city and the woods scene because I enjoy colored artworks the most. When I was painting (oils) I often did Autumn and Winter scenes...guess it was from remembering the beautiful countryside in PA.

#12 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

Really beautiful artwork. I love the city and the woods scene because I enjoy colored artworks the most. When I was painting (oils) I often did Autumn and Winter scenes...guess it was from remembering the beautiful countryside in PA.

I would like to see some of what you have done, debp. I hear PA is beautiful in the fall.

#13 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I would like to see some of what you have done, debp. I hear PA is beautiful in the fall.

Oh, I am illiterate about putting photos on the computer or websites. I only got my photo in my profile because someone helped me!

Yes, PA is a really beautiful State. I'm from Western PA. Since I left there at 16, there is much I didn't get to see. I hear they have more covered bridges than New England. Also, alot of Amish live there (drive horse drawn buggies, no electric, etc).

#14 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

There are Amish buggies driving around Minnesota too. I always enjoy seeing them. It would be so much fun living that life, but alas, here I am in the computer age. I've always wanted a horse. A whole herd of them would be cool.

#15 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

There are Amish buggies driving around Minnesota too. I always enjoy seeing them. It would be so much fun living that life, but alas, here I am in the computer age. I've always wanted a horse. A whole herd of them would be cool.

Horses are so pretty. I love all animals but almost got thrown off a pony when I was a kid, so never wanted to ride after that. Did ride (walk?) once as a young adult in the desert...they gave me old Ed. But that's a story for the funny or embarrassing story topic. ;)

#16 calicoskittens

calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Horses are so pretty. I love all animals but almost got thrown off a pony when I was a kid, so never wanted to ride after that. Did ride (walk?) once as a young adult in the desert...they gave me old Ed. But that's a story for the funny or embarrassing story topic. ;)

:) I was thrown off one once. I busted my tailbone. At least I think I busted my tailbone. I didn't go to the doctor. I couldn't do situps for two years after that, which was a real bummer because I wanted to get an award for situps in physical fitness. :) So, I think I busted my tailbone. I didn't want to tell anyone I had fallen off the horse because I was afraid they wouldn't let me ride him anymore. So, I just hobbled around gritting my teeth for awhile.

I guess this doesn't really have anything to do with art. :lol:

#17 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

:) I was thrown off one once. I busted my tailbone. At least I think I busted my tailbone. I didn't go to the doctor. I couldn't do situps for two years after that, which was a real bummer because I wanted to get an award for situps in physical fitness. :) So, I think I busted my tailbone. I didn't want to tell anyone I had fallen off the horse because I was afraid they wouldn't let me ride him anymore. So, I just hobbled around gritting my teeth for awhile.

I guess this doesn't really have anything to do with art. :lol:

Oh, that must have been painful! Glad you are ok now. No, it doesn't have anything to do with art, but your saying that made me laugh. And we all sure need more laughter. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name