Daniella

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

Dear all,

it has been a very long time since ive been here. Im so glad to be able to connect with you now. I have an amazing update on Daniella and her situation. Here goes:-

Thanks to GOD, Daniella was able to return home for a visit in June of this year.It was so special to see her. At the airport I couldnt contain my tears and the rest of the children were laughing at how emotional I got. Sadly, she was only home for 9 days because thanks to GOD, she managed to secure voluntary work in a hospital and so had to get back before her au pair visa expired and then start the visa process for the new job. At the airport I didnt notice that she might be sick. She looked ok, but thin. Anyway, she needed to see the dentist and I manged to do this for her. She shared about her stay in Germany, how badly the second family had treated her. They stopped paying for her monthly bus ticket and I had to step in and get some money to her because she stayed out in a village and needed to get back and forth for school. She also spoke about how poorly they ate. The family were not well off and sometimes she'd go to bed having eaten just bread. I assumed that this is why she was looking so thin. Anyway her flight back to Germany was far from nice as she suffered badly with her ears and I didnt know then that this was one of her symptoms for her illness. Anyway, GOD provided in an amazing way because for the month of July she would not be earning an income and needed somewhere to stay. A German lady from our church stepped in and organised a couple from her hometown, near to where she once stayed, to take care of her. How wonderful this was. They didnt want any money for accommodation but just that Daniella could help around the house. A few days after her return my phone rang early morning and it was Daniella. I dont know why I was afraid to answer but when I did I couldnt believe what I was hearing. She needed to be hospitalised immediately as she was very ill. Her iron count was 2.9 and was in danger of going into cardiac arrest. Also, her haemoglobin was in a bad way and her blood was not clotting. She was crying on the phone and I went into shock. On top of her having to be hospitalised I wondered where we were going to get the money to pay for the treatment? But GOD is so good! She told the doctor she wanted to go home to Zimbabwe because she didnt have money for the hospitalisation and they told that they do not operate that way - they were going to treat her first and then sort out the money issue. So in she went and had all sort of tests done on her, from daily blood transfusions to iron infusions to blood control, bone marrow biopsy and then having a camera inserted down her tummy. She said that the bone marrow biopsy was the worst pain she has ever experienced. They even sent her blood to Munich for testing and we than heard that Daniella has one of the rare blood types. Long story short - she spent 4 weeks in hospital and missed the start of her new job. They concluded that the asprin she was taking for her migraines caused poisoning in her body and so no matter what they were doing in the beginning, her body was not absorbing iron. It was so scary because I thought that I would lose her. My church were amazing and got together in urgent prayer on a daily basis. And then another amazing provision came from GOD. My ex landlord decided that I needed to be with Daniella and offered to buy me a ticket to Germany. I couldnt believe it!! I contacted the German Embassy in Zimbabwe and explained my situation and they rose to the occassion - they truly helped me so much. In a matter of days I had a visa to go to Germany. On top of this, the German lady from church gave me 200euro for transport, lent me her cellphone and assisted with a letter of obligation to the German embassy from her brother in Germany. I also had other people in Germany offer their assistance. Daniella's friends from her language school took it upon themselves to accommodate me. Wow! I was so blessed by all of this They showed me the transport system and I was able to get to the hospital everyday to stay with Daniella. I was only in Germany for 5 days and left before she was released. On the day of her release at home I received another call from Daniella and she was crying. I thought dear Lord I dont know if I can handle anymore. However, she called to tell me more amazing news. She said that there were 5 steps in the house she was staying in and those steps always were a challenge for her. Because her body was suffering she would get to the top of the 5th step and be gasping for breath and be dizzy. On her first day out of the hospital, she looked at the steps and braced herself then ran up the stairs(only 5 steps). When she reached the top she waited to feel out breath and dizzy - nothing happened. So she ran down the steps and up again and still nothing. She then sat down on the steps and sobbed and sobbed and praised GOD for her healing and then phoned me. I too sobbed.  GOD took a very scary situation and helped Daniella more than I could ever imagine. Everything overwhelmed me that at times I couldnt even pray. Once she settled down they had to go to the hospital to sort out the bills and this scared her. Again the goodness of GOD - her itsy bitsy insurance cover had sorted out ALL the bills because her treatment was an emergency!!!! Praise be to GOD. And her job were also obligated to give her time to recover but Daniella felt that she couldnt wait and started work a week some days after hospital(which was a week after she was supposed to start). She is based in Bad Hersfeld in a hospital in the cardio dept. She says its hard hard work but she loves it and uses her faith to minister to the patients. She also has her own little apartment on the hospital grounds but most important says that she has finally been give the break she longed for for so long - health!!! I didnt know how serious Daniella was even back at home. If she were to have gotten sick here in Zimbabwe she would surely have died because no money, no treatment and as a family i cant afford medical insurance. Even up until now I sit in awe of GOD and how He worked out everything. Now she does not have to live on iron infusions as her body is able to finally absorb iron. Of course she will live on iron supplements and must take care of her diet. She jokes at how beetroot juice is something she has grown to love. When she moved to her apartment, she had nothing really and one day got home to find her apartment full of groceries and electrical goods she desparately needed. Apparantly the couple she stayed with in July organised their fellow church members to help out. This couple has been so very good to Daniella and treat her as their daughter. All I can say is thank You Father, thank You, blessed be Your Holy name. 

Edited by Cleopatra, 16 September 2015 - 02:43 AM.

#82 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, architecture.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

My what a wonderful story of God protecting and helping Daniella, and you, too, Cleo.  So thankful to God for healing Daniella...

One must be careful with asperin...(too much)...a neighbor lady was afraid of having a bad tooth taken care of and she took so many asperin, that she died.  It was a sad situation....

#83 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

Wow, Cleo that is such a wonderful testimony of Gods goodness and great that you were able to be with Daniella for those few days too .....

#84 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, architecture.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

Thinking of you, Cleo, hoping you and your children are well.  Hope to "see" you sometime, to hear your news.

#85 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:24 AM

Thanks to GOD, Daniella continues to enjoy good health. Apart from adding a bit of weight, she is fine. She reckons shes addicted to chocolate of which I told her thats nonsense!

She has also just received news that her application to study nursing has been accepted through the hospital she is currently doing an ausbildung with. She mentioned that as a younger girl her desire was to enter university and is so happy now that with her improved health and hard work, GOD is giving this opportunity. She starts in October of this year and GOD willing, will visit Zimbabwe in April of this year, because for 3 years after, she will not have the opportunity to come home. Regarding her relationship with GOD, she continues to rely on online sermons from our church here in Zimbabwe and is struggling to find good Christian friends. I do pray for someone because the encouragement and close accountability would be good for her - its so easy to embrace a worldy lifestyle that is apart from GOD. By GOD'S grace, older workmates in the hospital, both men and women, have been good to her. Last week, one such lady and her husband treated her with a drive to a place 1000 miles above sea level(beautiful but extremely cold for her), then to the border of Old Germany to see the Wall, ending the day in the east of Germany with a big fat slice of chocolate cake. She reckons this was by far the most amazing time she has had since being in Germany.

Just to mention as well that my other daughter Kimberleigh is also now in Germany. She loves it and by the grace of GOD is with a young, loving and financially stable host family. She travels with them once a month to different parts of Germany and outside. The girls are far apart but GOD willing, they will get to spend some time together soon.

GOD is so good and to Him I give thanks with a grateful heart.

#86 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

Great news that God is taking care of your girls

#87 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

Yes, it's so great to hear your news about your girls, Cleo!  God is certainly giving them wonderful opportunities and experiences!

#88 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

Greetings. So nice to be back and thanks to GOD. Just to let you know that Daniella faced another situation. A month before she was due to start her apprenticeship, the school called her and her boss for a meeting. Daniella feared the worst. I prayed for her.
The news was bad. She would not be allowed to do the apprenticeship through the school that had accepted her through the hospital she worked in. Apparantly, her grades had to regraded according to German standards. Because she never took up science at A level and did not study a second language at O level was a disadvantage. For this reason she was told NO. I couldnt believe it! A few days before she was so elated at the thought of beginning school to further herself in the field she enjoyed. The hospital had given her a new contract and she would be earning a decent enough income. After two years of having it so hard in Germany, finally things were working out but it was not so. I remember skyping with her and how she sobbed. She felt GOD had abandoned her and that she would never be happy. My heart ached for her, not only because of this news but more so because I was worried she would turn away from GOD in all her pain and anger. Her boss put in good recommendations for her, still the school refused. They are strict. And because of this Daniella would have to return to Zimbabwe. Everyone rallied around her to help but sadly nothing could be done. I too sobbed. Then an old Irish lady in church who is full of GODLY wisdom put Daniella in her place. She reminded Daniella of how good GOD is, how great His love for us is and therefore she was to continue worshipping Him, no matter what. She would have none of Daniella's self pity. Her happiness did not depend on the external but on GOD and GOD alone! Wow. we were so busy focussing on ourselves and on what Daniella couldnt have, falling deeper into misery and far away from GOD. And on top of this Daniella was looking to man for a solution. But GOD had other plans. Thank GOD that Daniella repented before GOD, asking for His forgiveness regarding her lack of faith in Him and anger toward Him. A month before she was due to leave Germany, she randomly applied to another school. they called her in for another interview, It is a 2 hour drive by car. A fellow nurse helped by driving her there and back. She was accepted. Good news but it would mean she would be uprooted from the people she had come to love and work with, her subsidised apartment and the hospital she was familiar with. She didnt care. She believes GOD is sending her to another place for His purpose and glory and she is now excited at where GOD is leading her. In closing, Daniella was led to Psalm 77 by the Irish woman - the consoling memory of GOD'S redemptive works. How precious is this!! Daniella is in the process of packing. She moves to a new town, a new home, a new school and a new hospital. Far away and alone but with GOD who remains the same yesterday, today and forever. Amen

#89 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

Hi, Cleopatra!  Glad to hear how things turned around for Daniella. :)

In the past, there's been times where I have prayed for things and never got them.  I was also upset quite a few times about it.  But, God has other plans and better plans. I've seen this many times now and in hindsight, I can see the wisdom in it all. There's been times where I've been like "Oh....that's why that prayer wasn't answered. I get it now!"

I think many times, God doesn't answer a prayer from us because He knows that if He did, we would lose many blessings that would have come our way.  This recently happened to me earlier this year.... If God would have answered something I was praying about, then I would have lost many blessings that came afterward. I can only thank God that those prayers were not answered...

We thank God for the answered prayers, but I think it would do us all well to every once in a while thank God for some of the unanswered prayers.

#90 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:53 AM

Thank you for Sharing Cleo, (by the way love your new icon)  thats amazing and again reminds us how really good God is even when we feel like despairing.

Its lovely to see how your daughter has her own relationship with God and how she was willing to repent and turn to Him.

and Tim, never thought of thanking God for unanswered prayers, but you are right. He always does whats best for us.

#91 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

I'm also glad to hear about Daniella and how God opened another door for her at another school!  Also, glad to "see" you, Cleo, after some time.

Interesting Tim, you bringing up about thanking God for unanswered prayers, too.   Thank God in all things...

#92 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:13 AM

Cleo, sure do miss you around the forum. Hope you will drop by soon.

#93 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Ive often wondered about Daniella and her study and work in Germany and how hard its been for her. Whenever she has faced a struggle Ive been so quick to react negatively by telling her to return home. She has always said thats not a solution.

She is at present seeing a Christian counsellor because everything thats happened to her to date got the better of her.. She has met with terrible bullying from younger children in her class who are jealous that as a foreign student, she is scoring higher marks than they are. Even worse, the German couple who were active in her life are no longer around. The husband in his drunken state one evening tried to touch her and this affected her so badly that she has refused to see them again. The Police were called in and it became a nasty situation to say the least. So, she struggles on her own. It just seems so unreal.

In rebuking my soul, I realise that she has the opportunity to do the work GOD calls her to do by ministering to people around her. I dont know if I mentioned this before but for months she took care of a patient with the early onset of dementia. He had a heart problem too and never spoke to anyone. So everyday she went in to bath him and give him his medication. He never spoke a word to her. Then, his heart condition improved and they had to move him into another ward. As she and another nurse wheeled him into the lift he spoke these words, Ah Daniella, you took such good care of me. I am going to miss you: Well, they were shocked. He even knew her name. How special is this.

As im reflecting tonight, Im reminded that our hope is not in our commitment but in GOD¨S commitment to achieve His sovereign purposes. We are to beware of giving in to negative and discouraged feelings and it is only Him who is able to keep us from falling. I pray that Daniella and all of us, will continue to look to the Lord as our strength and lift up our spirits.

#94 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,221 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

Thanks Cleo for the update on Daniella and also for your encouragement to us all, to keep looking to the Lord in all things.

#95 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

Cleo, that is very special that he knew Daniella's name.  Daniella sounds very nice!  That's good that she's seeing a Christian counselor!

I know what you mean by discouraging and negative feelings.  I get them sometimes and then the Lord comes and pulls me out!

#96 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:01 AM

Lovely to hear of your and Daniella's news x
May the Lord continue to protect and use her to bless others

#97 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted Today, 05:06 AM

Please keep Daniella in your prayers as a month from today, she writes important exams which if she passes, will allow her to go back to the first hospital she worked in, and stay on in Germany to further her studies. Above all, I pray GOD¨S will prevails

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name