Daniella

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

Daniella is due to write her A Level examinations coming November. I couldnt afford school fees for her and so she studied from home, and is just about to finish her syllabus. She is so committed to her studies and determined to pass these very important exams. Please pray for her to be calm, and that she has absorbed enough to understand. I have no doubt that she will receive her reward for her diligence and hard work in her studying. She has a very keen interest in the field of Economics and would like GOD to put her to use to make a difference in Zimbabwe. She would also like to attend University - I cant afford this and pray that she will get good A Level results to allow her a scholarship somewhere. Last night she asked me if I could ask a very wealthy friend to fund her studies but I told her that not only is GOD able to carry this financial burden, but that He is almighty GOD Who knows what is best for her. Please pray that she will understand this.

#2 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

Father in heaven, thank you that You can make a way where there is no way. thankyou that you love Daniella and want her to be all that she can, I pray that you will open every door for Daniella to be able to go to the university, and know that You are able to use anyone you want to provide this funding for her, so go before her and make a way. Thankyou Lord, in Jesus Name ..Amen

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

Father in heaven, thank you that You can make a way where there is no way. thankyou that you love Daniella and want her to be all that she can, I pray that you will open every door for Daniella to be able to go to the university, and know that You are able to use anyone you want to provide this funding for her, so go before her and make a way. Thankyou Lord, in Jesus Name ..Amen

Amen.

Ask and ye shall receive. Maybe the very wealthy friend is someone who will be used of God to help Daniella? Although God can certainly provide otherwise.

#4 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

Prayed! :)

#5 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:15 AM

Amen and Amen. And thank You Lord, that Your ways are not our ways. I also believe that You may even provide a way where NO funding is needed because You are the GOD of miracles and only You can make provision in miraculous ways. Help Daniella to continue clinging to You, that she may know Your will and do it. Praise You forever and ever, Lord. Amen

#6 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

Dear family in Christ,

Daniella is devaststed. This past Friday she wrote her first exam and all went well. I took her in on Monday for the next lot only to discover that the timetable was different and so, she missed her 2 exams, and therefore it is no use writing whats left as the missed exams carried marks that would enable her to pass. She sobbed and sobbed uncontrollably. Apparently, the school had sent computerised sms's to all students BUT Daniella did not receive hers. After a visit to the school this was confirmed by them as it reflected on the computer that Daniella had not "picked" up her sms's. I asked the school why this did not ring a bell for them and why they didnt make the effort to call her? They just said that they did their part by sending the sms's whether they were picked up or not. This now means that Daniella will have to wait until June 2012 to write AND it also places a financial burden on me since each subject at present costs $120.00. Daniella cannot understand why GOD has allowed this to happen since she has worked so hard and prayed that GOD would allow her to complete her exams in spite of the disadvantages of not having a teacher to coach her and that all her time and studying was for nothing! Whilst I walked this morning I feel that GOD has just brought a "bend" in the road for Daniella and there is a reason why this has happened. I prayed with her and told her that no matter what, we must trust and believe in GOD, that He will make a way that even if it takes forever for her to write, she must stay her eyes upon Him. She has now accepted this and we are moving forward. By the grace of GOD I have been brought into the company of an excellent Economics (Daniella's favourite subject) teacher who has a past trail of students with A passes in this subject. She is willing to coach Daniella and says she will make sure that Daniella will pass with a distinction in this subject. Please join me in prayer that I will be able to engage this teacher. Her fees are reasonable but beyond me at this moment in time. Also that Daniella will not lose heart but will instead trust GOD with her life. As for me, I praise GOD for what He is going to do for her. Thank you all for praying with me. GOD bless

Edited by Cleopatra, 02 November 2011 - 02:24 AM.

#7 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

praising God with you :flowers:

#8 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Cleo, you are right..a bend in the road for Daniella. I wonder what God will bring out of this for her? Something good I know. God bless you and your children.

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Cleo, is Daniella feeling better now? Hope so.

#10 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

A gap year position which Daniella applied for to one school(that seemed positive) has come to nothing. After explaining to the Head about her A Level exam disaster, she just never responded again. So Daniella is still at home. She does continue to read and we are hopeful that I will register her for the exams this year. This is such a huge set back for all of us

#11 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Dear all,

I need to register Daniella as the deadline is next week. Please join me in prayer reagrding this. Daniella has not lost hope and has even begun searching the website for places offering scholarships. Her desire is to continue her education and yet everything has come to a standstill right now - still she presses on. What an encouragement for me that she does not give up..She is 20 years this month and should have written her A's at 18. Yesterday I noticed that her hair is falling out - I know she does worry alot. Please pray that GOD continues to strengthen her in faith that He is her Father who knows the deepest desires of her heart and according to his will - will provide what is best for her.

Thank you and GOD bless

#12 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:37 AM

Sorry, the following was an sms from Daniella to me the other day and I posted it here to show that she keeps pressing on:-

Mummy, please read John 5:11
This man’s condition lasted a long time and he may even have at some point lost all hope. But that changed when he met Jesus. No matter how hopeless our situation seems, we should be encouraged by the truth that Jesus power can meet our deepest needs and renew our hope

Edited by Cleopatra, 08 February 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#13 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

:cross:

#14 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Sorry, the following was an sms from Daniella to me the other day and I posted it here to show that she keeps pressing on:-

Mummy, please read John 5:11
This man’s condition lasted a long time and he may even have at some point lost all hope. But that changed when he met Jesus. No matter how hopeless our situation seems, we should be encouraged by the truth that Jesus power can meet our deepest needs and renew our hope

What dear words of encouragement from Daniella!

Sometimes things are hard but let us all keep trusting in Jesus to get us through it all.

#15 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

Deb,

GOD has provided!!! All praise be unto Him!!

Thank you everyone, for all your prayers for Daniella. Firstly, four sponsors came forth and I was able to register and pay in full for Daniella's exam fees. Then a client came into my office and put some money in my hand which I was able to register the other two girls to write two exams each. One sponsor has even promised to register one girl to write another four in November. I had lost all hope, but GOD had it all covered - it was His timing! All in all, GOD supplied over and above what I needed just for exam fees and I was able to purchase some much needed school books for the girls. Daniella is hoping to score A's in all her subjects. As she is studying on her own, I pray for strength for her. Ive mentioned to her that Her desire for her education must never be more than her desire to stay close to GOD, no matter what!

Edited by Cleopatra, 22 February 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#16 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

Amazing, thankYOU Lord, Amazing

pleased for you and the girls Cleopatra :flowers:

#17 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

That's really wonderful to hear, Cleo! Praise God for touching those people's hearts to help you and your children. God bless them more, and you, too.

#18 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

One of the sponsors is a teacher who taught Daniella years back in her Form 1 and 2 classes. She has mentioned that she will bend over backwards for Daniella because she remembers how comitted Daniella was to her schooling. She told me that whenever Daniella returned from being away from school due to painful headaches, the first thing Daniella would do was ask for all the work that was done in her absence and stayed in during break to see that she caught up on the notes and she never once failed to do her homework.

I thank GOD for the sponsors he used to provide in such an amazing way - may GOD reward them abundantly.

Edited by Cleopatra, 23 February 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#19 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

One of the sponsors is a teacher who taught Daniella years back in her Form 1 and 2 classes. She has mentioned that she will bend over backwards for Daniella because she remembers how comitted Daniella was to her schooling. She told me that whenever Daniella returned from being away from school due to painful headaches, the first thing Daniella would do was ask for all the work that was done in her absence and stayed in during break to see that she caught up on the notes and she never once failed to do her homework.

I thank GOD for the sponsors he used to provide in such an amazing way - may GOD reward them abundantly.

How really nice of that teacher!

#20 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

I thought that I could ask for your prayers for Daniella again, please.

Its exam time again. When I went to pick Daniella up from the exam centre today she just burst into tears. In her own words she claimed that she feels that GOD does not want her to pass. I asked why and she went on to tell me that the exams were downright difficult and everything she studied did not come on the exam paper. She reckons she has failed and that her life is worthless. Just a bit of background history - Daniella never had proper schooling from form 4 onwards and so she has had to work extra hard on her own. Most of her friends have passed or had the resources to take them into University. I know that Daniella has a good relationship with GOD and so I was quite taken aback to hear her talk so negatively. I understand that she has worked so hard and is so committed to her education but I have told her that if she has done her best then she has to trust that GOD will do the rest. How do I even begin to explain to her that GOD has a plan for each and every one of us - she knows this too well. She is faced with so much stiff competition all around and it scares her. Its almost as if she will be rendered worthless without a degree and it worries her that she cannot contribute to helping me in the home. As a parent we all want the best for our children but I would rather she cling to GOD more than anything else.
I did encourage her in the Lord and took time to pray with her. I really need and appreciate your prayer support too. GOD bless you all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name