• Guests

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

long time coming.

tools/materials needed:
1/2" quarter round
wood glue
finishing nails
hammer or nail gun

run by the local hardware store and pic out the straightest 1x2 you can find. Lay it on the floor all 4 sides lengthwise until you find a piece without bow and fewest imperfection. (might take you a few tries!)

wander to the trim section and find a similair pice of quarter round. quarter of a circle.

Pick the straightest edge of the 1x2 and the quarter rd an line them up. Toss on some glue, I recommend gorrila wood glue and tack it together with finishing nails the entire length of the pieces.

Cut 45 degree angles inwards, the outside being the pieces greatest dimensions.

Posted Image

Piece it together using a carpenters square (the best $2 you ever spent) glue and clamp with a band clamp, the best $5 you ever spent as a carpenter.

Posted Image

If you have a nail gun hit it from the side it not, just use the staple technique as shown.

Posted Image

the hardest part, patience, let it dry 24 hrs.

#2 Guest_Jeremiah2913_*

• Guests

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

use a nailset or larger nail to set all your nails on the quarter rd below surface grade.

Start in the center and use your staplegun to place your first staple. pull taunt making sure the to round the bottom with the painted area directly below. Do the same starting on left or right and pulling taunt to the opposite side. work your way outwards from center staples keeping canvas taunt and placing staple.

Keep it tight, it will start sounding like a drum with the slightest touch before you're half way done.

Smile that you saved $50 mounting fee and priceless knowhow that you did it yourself! BTW, first canvas I've ever stretched!

Posted Image

#3 Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,668 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

Good job! ;)

#4 calicoskittens

Silver Member

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:art, Bible, crafts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

That is one of my favoritest pictures of all time. I have a small one on my wall in the hall. Often when I walk by I see it and it gives me hope.

#5 Guest_jamesmith_*

• Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Canvas printing can be done in a variety of sizes from A4 to A0. The smaller prints are usually the most affordable, and prices increase along with the size of the print. Larger prints require not only more material, but also require sturdier framing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name