• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetheart

Sweetheart
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:46 AM

Hi Guys

Im sure you remember me form my topic. Ok so the guy (non christian) I liked and I stopped chatting. It turned out to be a disaster(no surprises). I decided that I will steer clear of non christina guys and God will bring a Godly guy to me. I will just enjoy life and have those guys as friends and nothing more. Its amazing how much closer I am getting to God now as compared to before. Im glad at teh way things turned out...they have made me a stronger person and more focused.

At places I used to compromise before, I do that no longer. Knowing what you want is important and I know now. I have my guidlines and my focus is above )

Hoping to hear from all of you...

God Bless

SweetHeart

#2 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

Thankyou for coming to give an update sweetheart and its really encouraging to know that you are getting closer to God :flowers: may He continue to bless and guide you

#3 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hi Guys

Im sure you remember me form my topic. Ok so the guy (non christian) I liked and I stopped chatting. It turned out to be a disaster(no surprises). I decided that I will steer clear of non christina guys and God will bring a Godly guy to me. I will just enjoy life and have those guys as friends and nothing more. Its amazing how much closer I am getting to God now as compared to before. Im glad at teh way things turned out...they have made me a stronger person and more focused.

At places I used to compromise before, I do that no longer. Knowing what you want is important and I know now. I have my guidlines and my focus is above )

God Bless

SweetHeart

Hi SweetHeart, this is great news. Life will be so much better for you as you avoid the temptations that non-Christian guys would put in your life. Also, so glad you are feeling more close to God now. You are an encouragement to others that are going through the same sort of things or have been through those things.

#4 starshine1957

starshine1957

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:reading,christian music,long walks,christian friends,sewing,baking and more

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Sweetheart,
Be very careful which sites you visit.They have other sites out there on line that say they are christian and are not. I have been talking to guys who wanted nothing more than cyber stuff, if you know what I mean. You have to be really careful.they will tell you they are believers and then show their true colors after they get you hooked. And they may be married as well.Just be careful as I had a hard time letting go of one of them.God Bless And Keep You.

#5 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Good advice :flowers: Also when you don't really know a person and you just have an 'internet relationship' it may cause you to have a distorted image of them as you are not likely to see them 'warts and all'

#6 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

You have to be really careful.they will tell you they are believers and then show their true colors after they get you hooked. And they may be married as well. Just be careful as I had a hard time letting go of one of them.God Bless And Keep You.

Yes, this is good advice.

I posted an article in the Helps for Singles section....it talked about a Christian woman shouldn't be too free at first in talking with a guy on the internet about her beliefs....but first let the guy tell you about his beliefs. This is because some guys will just "parrot" what you say in order to get a relationship going with you.

#7 Deb

Deb
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:My 3 cats and my wonderful husband, love to read, volunteer through my church, try new recipes, and spend time each day developing my relationship with God!

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Sounds to me like you have made a very good decision, I am sure God will help you in your situation, if you are praying for the right guy to come along and God sees your want as a need, he will provide. God bless and good luck!
Deb

#8 SongBird

SongBird

Cat Lover (Animal Lover) :)

• Moderators
  • 2,382 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, animals, meeting new friends.

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hi Guys

God Bless

SweetHeart

Sometimes you are better off to stay single than to get involved with the "wrong" partner. If you get together with the wrong partner the relationship can be debilitating and can actually harm your spiritual soundness. As long as you accept "God's Will" for your life, you will be happy single or married. But dont strive to be married etc. only strive after God and trust that he will lead your life in the direction that will best serve him. God bless you, -Songbird.

#9 lluucy329

lluucy329
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:16 PM

Yes we as ladies must be aware of the head games that men play. !. They all say they love u, 2. u look pretty, 3. they want to amrry, 4. someon died in his family, 5. they play on our emotions. Stay strong God send right man to u, be patient reconize head games tell a man something watch how he turns it around, men of today not lookin for a ood woman they feel it is 7 women to each man, lol the jokes on these men.

#10 lluucy329

lluucy329
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

I posted an article in the Helps for Singles section....it talked about a Christian woman shouldn't be too free at first in talking with a guy on the internet about her beliefs....but first let the guy tell you about his beliefs. This is because some guys will just "parrot" what you say in order to get a relationship going with you.

You are so right

#11 SongBird

SongBird

• Moderators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, I have had that experience too about the guys just "parroting" my beliefs. But the truth is known in the end because without my input guys like that can't hold their own in a conversation etc. Women must stay aware of the situation. -Songbird

#12 Guest_Jeremiah2913_*

Guest_Jeremiah2913_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

I think you've made a wise choice sweetheart, even though I was very careful not to hamper or interfear with anyones beliefs before I was a believer I now have guilt in my heart that I helped lead my wife away from God. So although I allowed everyone to believe as they did, because anything that brings someone joy in this world should not be tampered with I still feel that I indirectly did interfear.

I have to ask though, where does one draw the line? What I mean to say is that I run into individuals daily that claim to believe and claim to be Christians yet I seem to know much more than they and I'm still so new to this. The height of one's knowledge doesn't equal their salvation but we're not talking about salvation are we, we're talking about compatability and growth. We often think we can change others if we can just get our foot in the door don't we? This is most likely exactly what a Christian thinks when they fall for a non Christian, that they can be led down the right path by yourself. Choices are almost always a gamble and certainly starting with a believer improves your odds of success but unless they are more passionate about it than yourself you're still always taking that risk. You're taking a risk that instead of growing in your faith you might actually get drawn away.

#13 SongBird

SongBird

• Moderators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, I think Paul said that if we (christians) hang out with non-christians its not usually us who rub off on them but rather they rub off on us. We end up suffering and the non-christian doesnt usually end up a believer. However, the bible also says if someone is a christian and married to a non-christian, and the non-christian chooses to stay with the christian - the christian should stay with the non-christian. -SB

#14 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

However, the bible also says if someone is a christian and married to a non-christian, and the non-christian chooses to stay with the christian - the christian should stay with the non-christian. -SB

True. But the key is that these people (as you know) Paul refers to are already married.

#15 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

I think you've made a wise choice sweetheart, even though I was very careful not to hamper or interfear with anyones beliefs before I was a believer I now have guilt in my heart that I helped lead my wife away from God. So although I allowed everyone to believe as they did, because anything that brings someone joy in this world should not be tampered with I still feel that I indirectly did interfear.

I have to ask though, where does one draw the line? What I mean to say is that I run into individuals daily that claim to believe and claim to be Christians yet I seem to know much more than they and I'm still so new to this. The height of one's knowledge doesn't equal their salvation but we're not talking about salvation are we, we're talking about compatability and growth. We often think we can change others if we can just get our foot in the door don't we? This is most likely exactly what a Christian thinks when they fall for a non Christian, that they can be led down the right path by yourself. Choices are almost always a gamble and certainly starting with a believer improves your odds of success but unless they are more passionate about it than yourself you're still always taking that risk. You're taking a risk that instead of growing in your faith you might actually get drawn away.

Good input, Jeremiah. May I ask about your wife? Is she ok now?

I pray you will get over your guilt....please remember, everything is under the Blood of Jesus and forgiven now. 1 John 1:9 is one of the best verses I think to remember when bothered by guilt.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

#16 SongBird

SongBird

• Moderators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

True. But the key is that these people (as you know) Paul refers to are already married.

Yes that's why my post said "married to a non-christian" I was referring to people who are married -SB :P :- :jumping0048: :jumping0048: :anim_63:

Original quote: "However, the bible also says if someone is a christian and married to a non-christian, and the non-christian chooses to stay with the christian - the christian should stay with the non-christian. -SB"

#17 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

Yes that's why my post said "married to a non-christian" I was referring to people who are married -SB :P :- :jumping0048: :jumping0048: :anim_63:

Original quote: "However, the bible also says if someone is a christian and married to a non-christian, and the non-christian chooses to stay with the christian - the christian should stay with the non-christian. -SB"

I was just reinforcing the key to the verse. :)

#18 SongBird

SongBird

• Moderators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

I was just reinforcing the key to the verse. :)

Yeah and its such a difficult topic for most people. :)

#19 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yeah and its such a difficult topic for most people. :)

Yes, it's very easy to fall into that temptation....we must all guard against that. It's easier to stop it right away than to be drawn into a relationship with a wrong person, and then try to get out.

#20 SongBird

SongBird

• Moderators
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

Yes, it's very easy to fall into that temptation....we must all guard against that. It's easier to stop it right away than to be drawn into a relationship with a wrong person, and then try to get out.

I know first hand how bad it is to be emotionally involved with someone who is a non-christian. Its debilitating. -SB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name