Drop in to the "Coffee Cup"

• Please log in to reply
956 replies to this topic

#941 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

Will watch America's Got Talent tonight...really good Talent and quite a variety. Anyone else watch?

Cleo, if you see this, you can check out their website.

#942 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

Anyone in particular standing out Deb?

Our summer has begun. Not much of spring. I am not looking forward to the October heat. Its unbearable. I prefer the cooler months. 

Our sister church ran a talent show this evening and my son begged me to take him. Its quite a long distance so I opted to sit in the car park for the two hours and wait for him. It went by quickly because I manged to connect to the internet and I was able to visit the forum. Yay.

#943 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

That's nice about the church talent show and that you got Winston there!

Of course I loved the dog act...18 dogs! Also, check out Johnny Manuel's truly beautiful voice. He had a record contract at 14 years old but was dropped at 17 years old! So he was rather discouraged as he had to get low paying retail shop jobs...after he thought he had a career. I am glad he made it to the semi-final...the show will be on for a few more weeks I think.

#944 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

It's cooler here this week, in the 70s. I'm on the patio and just about ready to go upstairs and eat. Wasn't hungry earlier.

Still watching the talent show...next week is the finals with a winner.

How are you all?

#945 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

I'm well overall.  My back has all healed up from the injury I had back in July and August.  I did have to start physical therapy for it.  I went two days a week and I went to it for about a month  My last appointment was last week.

#946 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Glad to hear your back is better Tim. 

Havnt really watched any talent shows lately 

Summer is definately OVER here, my hands feel quite cold while I'm typing this,

time to put a woolly dressing gown on and get a cuppa x

God bless all enjoy the rest of the weekend

#947 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

Thanks Tim and Lilacday, great to hear your news. Glad your back is better, Tim.

I had to do the marketing today...took the taxi both ways since I am not up to walking up there anymore. I wish I could walk that far again! Normally my neighbor drops me off and I give her five dollars but on weekends she is out.

#948 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:10 AM

Well, tonight my mom who is home bound, wanted to eat at Sizzler...so we took the taxi up there and back for a nice dinner. I'm always glad when she feels up to going out.

#949 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

That sounds great, Deb that your Mom was up to getting out! 

#950 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Yes, it's good when she can do that. We both used to walk alot and very far, too. she started having some issues re walking in 2005 so it's been quite awhile. Otherwise she has good health except for diabetes...but that is under control. She is very disciplined about her diet!

After a few chillier days, we were in the 90s again. But it's Autumn sun so not as intense...we don't need the a/c in Autumn. I did the marketing earlier in the evening.

#951 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

I love the way the sun looks in Autumn with the golden sun rays.  We've been warmer than average here for October.  We've been in the 80s....  Usually, we're in the 70s by now.  By the end of the month, we should be in the 60s.

#952 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

Today it was in the 90s again but I hear it will dip quite a bit tomorrow! It's a pleasant cool night as I sit outside here on the patio.

My mom and I watched an old Colombo movie on tv. Now she is watching another Colombo. Did you ever see those? Most are pretty good...

#953 TimM

TimM

Wowweee Member

• Moderators
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

The name sounds familiar, but I can't recall them at the moment.

#954 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

Oh well, you are too young for those Colombo mysteries. We get them on a TV station that shows the old programs. Colombo was very popular, played by Peter Falk. Murder mysteries but not gory or anything.

#955 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

Ha ha, I love Columbo and the way he pretends to be annoying and abit dipsy when actually he is supersmart and solves every murder mystery!!

Havnt watched one for a while though!!

Darker mornings and evenings happening earlier here, :) have a great evening

#956 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:33 PM

Lilacday, great to see you! Yes, we get Colombo on Cozi TV...they dug up most of the old shows, other tv shows. I usually don't watch many oldies but mom loves Colombo so I watch one with her. He is good...wrinkled trench coat, that really beat up car and his dog, that slow Bassett Hound!

We have a massive wild fire South of L.A. Started about 10am, news coverage all day long. Also a big wild fire in Northern California...some people died there. So we can't get any fire fighters from the North to help us.

#957 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,871 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

Hi everyone, hope all is going good for all of you.

It's a little bit warmer tonight but still a chill in the air. The past few nights were quite chilly, by L.A. standards.

Tonight I will watch Survivor...enjoy the scenery, the challenges and strategy.

Won't be going down the street tonight for food. Probably have an Amy meal, they are really good. I like the Indian meals especially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name