955 replies to this topic

#1 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • Interests:Birding/Walking, Ministry/Missions, Prayer/Intercession

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

HELLO TO EVERYONE ON LINE AT THE MOMENT...
Posted Image"> Posted Image

EXCITING UPDATE....OUR "LIVE CHAT ROOM" IS OPEN ..click on the "label" CHAT on the header of the main forum and there you go...right into the chat room...

No-one too chat with, well then leave them a message here in the Coffee Cup....

I have been quite busy with some posts and have really enjoyed uploading the birthday wishes and the music video's.

#2 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

It is so nice to see the number of newbies....we have had 99 new members in about 58 days...that is so great.......Posted Image

#3 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:18 AM

Don't know if your still on line Nanikes, but HI and hope you are having a blessed start to the new year xx

ps. i love coffee, so milk no suger please!!

#4 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

Don't know if your still on line Nanikes, but HI and hope you are having a blessed start to the new year xx

ps. i love coffee, so milk no suger please!!

No I missed you..sorry...when you come online and are in the 1st forum screen... go right down to the bottom of the forum by pressing "end"..and there you can see who is on line ...

Yeh I must say this year is going to be very exciting...looking forward to the

journey with our precious Lord....
..ah here is a cuppa just for you..Posted Image

#5 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hi everyone! Nanikens, what a great idea and a cute name for this topic.

A couple of nights ago Sister P. and I drove around the Hastings Ranch area of Pasadena to see the elaborate Christmas light displays. It's the first time I saw them (except on tv) and was quite a nice adventure. It turned into an adventure because the street we were supposed to go up was blocked off with the Rose Parade Floats! After checking our map a few times, we managed to weave our way around the blockades and find the Hastings Ranch area. After that we saw Christmas Tree Lane in Altadena....really, really tall trees decked out with colored lights. Since we did this after Christmas we were the only ones on these little neighborhood streets which was great.

#6 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

Thanks......mmmm just what i needed!! xxx

#7 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Thought I'd have Thai food today but it was closed. The new owner said they will reopen tomorrow with Korean, Chinese and Thai food! Oh, for an Asian food lover like me that sounds great! :w00t: Sure hope the cook is as good as the last one. The new owner also says the prices will be cheaper!

#8 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Depb, do you like to cook aswell, because i have found this brilliant recipe (in a jewish cook book!!) but it is the best (almost like Thai) curry recipe ever. i done it with the left over turkey after christmas and also with pork this weekend.......it is truly delicious. let me know if you are interested!!

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

Depb, do you like to cook aswell, because i have found this brilliant recipe (in a jewish cook book!!) but it is the best (almost like Thai) curry recipe ever. i done it with the left over turkey after christmas and also with pork this weekend.......it is truly delicious. let me know if you are interested!!

No, I'm not a cook. Can cook but it just isn't one of my interests....thanks for the offer though.

Grocery shopping today and got a huge order. Walked up to the market for some exercise; caught a taxi home since the market's van that takes you home for free had loads of people waiting for it.

#10 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

hey, no probs!! i am not interested in cooking too sometimes!!

if anyone in the coffee cup is interested let me know!!

#11 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

hey, no probs!! i am not interested in cooking too sometimes!!

if anyone in the coffee cup is interested let me know!!

Any takers on Lilacday's curry? :) Do you use Tumeric in it? I hear that Indian spice is quite good for you.

When my Indian friends lived in my apartment building, I got to sample quite a bit of Indian food and sweets. Once they took me to a big Indian shop with sweets, Indian foods, clothing and jewelry....quite interesting. Also, got to "Little India" with my Bangladeshi friends....fun and interesting.

Do you have many Indian restaurants in London? Or what about anyone else's area? We have loads of ethnic restaurants and shops in L.A.

#12 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

no tumeric in this one! it is also quite sweet with the coconut milk........as well as spicy

There are loads of indian restaraunts in London, there is a famous road in East London called Brick Lane, where there are many authentic indian restaraunts. Generally, you can probably find a restaraunt for most kinds of cuisine in London (think thats why i like living here so much) Also WestIndians make lovley curry too, curry goat and rice is one of my favourites. today, we were blessed by a neigbour (and sister) with some lovley tandoori chicken (caribean style).

#13 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Getting me hungry now!

#14 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

Was hybernating a little there...lilacday I would sure like to try the receipe..love Thai food and a good curry is tops on my list...

Here's your cuppa.. Posted Image" sorry I missed you...its the time

zones...Hey Debp...perhaps we can arrange a general "online chat time" when

most of us can get online...lets say on a Saturday afternoon/night..think about it..could be fun

#15 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:59 PM

Anyone heard some cool new Christian music lately....would sure like to get some links up in the Youth music...so let me know...or just post there, I will get it later...

Gees, we are having a heat wave during the day and now its rumbling and thundering like you cannot believe, in this jungle of ours....feels like the building is rattling...and its raining cats & dogs...shew!Posted Image

A friend of mine just left for Ireland ..sent me a photo on arrival at 2 PM today..snow, mist, cold...everything white and frozen ...grey skies...can you imagine having left a tropical heat wave and arriving in that...felt really sorry for him....

#16 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Was hybernating a little there...lilacday I would sure like to try the receipe..love Thai food and a good curry is tops on my list...

Here's your cuppa.. Posted Image" sorry I missed you...its the time

zones...Hey Debp...perhaps we can arrange a general "online chat time" when

most of us can get online...lets say on a Saturday afternoon/night..think about it..could be fun

Nice to see you, Nanikens! Oh, I never know when I'm able to be on the computer. But if the rest of you want to do that, fine. If I happen to be around, I'll join in.

Adam used to have a Chat Room but it never got used so he discontinued it.

#17 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,591 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

Anyone heard some cool new Christian music lately....would sure like to get some links up in the Youth music...so let me know...or just post there, I will get it later...

Gees, we are having a heat wave during the day and now its rumbling and thundering like you cannot believe, in this jungle of ours....feels like the building is rattling...and its raining cats & dogs...shew!Posted Image

A friend of mine just left for Ireland ..sent me a photo on arrival at 2 PM today..snow, mist, cold...everything white and frozen ...grey skies...can you imagine having left a tropical heat wave and arriving in that...felt really sorry for him....

Wow, didn't realize you were in the jungle. Somehow I thought of So. Africa more as desert or bush terrain. Do you have both? Your rain storm sounds great....I really miss rain. We are in a desert area but the offices, apartment buildings and homes landscape nicely so it looks nice and green and lots of flowers. Also, about 15 miles West we have the ocean and a couple hours N.E. we have mountains that can get snow.

#18 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:20 AM

Ha ha ha...no I am not in a literal jungle..Posted Image its a figure of speech down here..we have some dense bush etc...like you see in the Kruger National Park.....but no it was just a local "joke"..

#19 lilacday

lilacday

Umm....

• Moderators
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

Mild green culcutta curry

Ingredients

4 chopped garlic cloves
1 tblesppoon fresh root ginger
2-3 chillies
half bunch fresh coriander leaves
1 onion
juice of one lemon (i used half lime, half lemon)
pinch of cayene pepper
half tsp curry powder
half tsp ground cumin
2-3 pinch of ground cloves ( if no ground, chuck in one or 2 whole ones)
pinch ground coriander
2 cinamon sticks
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
quarter pineapple (or tinned)
1-2 bannanas and handful of raisons/sultanas (optional)
2 tsps sugar
2-3 sprigs fresh mint, thinly chopped for garnish

any fresh or left over meat (if using raw, may be good to lightly fry it, then marinade, before adding to mixture)

1. puree (liquidize) garlic, onion, chillies, ginger and all the spices with the lemon/lime juice and add salt
2. toss the raw or cooked meat with half the mixture and set aside
3. heat some oil in wok or frying pan and add rest of mixture, until lightly brown
4. stir in cinamon sticks, stock and coconut milk with crushed pineapple,sugar and bring to boil
5. stir meat into sauce and cook on medium heat
6. at this point (optional)add bannanas and raisons and let simmer for 2 more mins
7. check seasoning, and add according to taste
8. sprinkle with alittle lemon/lime juice and garnish with the mint

yummy yummy in your tummy-----serve straight away

Edited by lilacday, 09 January 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#20 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

Mild green culcutta curry

Ingredients

4 chopped garlic cloves
1 tblesppoon fresh root ginger
2-3 chillies
half bunch fresh coriander leaves
1 onion
juice of one lemon (i used half lime, half lemon)
pinch of cayene pepper
half tsp curry powder
half tsp ground cumin
2-3 pinch of ground cloves ( if no ground, chuck in one or 2 whole ones)
pinch ground coriander
2 cinamon sticks
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup chicken stock
quarter pineapple (or tinned)
1-2 bannanas and handful of raisons/sultanas (optional)
2 tsps sugar
2-3 sprigs fresh mint, thinly chopped for garnish

any fresh or left over meat (if using raw, may be good to lightly fry it, then marinade, before adding to mixture)

1. puree (liquidize) garlic, onion, chillies, ginger and all the spices with the lemon/lime juice and add salt
2. toss the raw or cooked meat with half the mixture and set aside
3. heat some oil in wok or frying pan and add rest of mixture, until lightly brown
4. stir in cinamon sticks, stock and coconut milk with crushed pineapple,sugar and bring to boil
5. stir meat into sauce and cook on medium heat
6. at this point (optional)add bannanas and raisons and let simmer for 2 more mins
7. check seasoning, and add according to taste
8. sprinkle with alittle lemon/lime juice and garnish with the mint

yummy yummy in your tummy-----serve straight away

I will try it for Sunday lunch...thanks sounds great...Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name