Encouraging Bible Verses

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:40 AM

And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
Exodus 33:14

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
(words of Jesus) John 16:33

#2 TimAM

TimAM
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

Psalms 55:22-"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

#3 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.
Psalm 9:9-10

#4 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3

#5 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

#6 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
(words of Jesus) John 17:15

#7 Sincereheart

Sincereheart

Big Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I love people and all the things that the Lord has placed within us from His heart and enjoy getting to know what special qualities of Himself that are there in His children. I enjoy cooking, gardening, growing things, working in my flowerbeds, taking care of my indoor plants, decorating my home which the Lord gave me last year. Ministering the Word to children at church and my church family. Seeing the way the Lord covers us with His glory and reveals Himself to us as we spend time in His presence and soak in His love.

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
(words of Jesus) John 17:15

Amen Lord Jesus!!! As we go through trials and trouble these next years, God will dispatch angels to deliver us and He will supply our needs. I appreciate your verse that you placed here on Monday, it speaks to my heart and sets a focus within me to praise the Lord with all my strength, as I watch how He will work this part of His heart concerning us all as His family.
Love Sincere heart

#8 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Amen Lord Jesus!!! As we go through trials and trouble these next years, God will dispatch angels to deliver us and He will supply our needs. I appreciate your verse that you placed here on Monday, it speaks to my heart and sets a focus within me to praise the Lord with all my strength, as I watch how He will work this part of His heart concerning us all as His family.
Love Sincere heart

Glad the verse was of help to you, Sincereheart. I figure many, many people read these verses.....and hopefully, they are a comfort to them.

Although long, I am posting the entire 23rd Psalm, hoping it is a comfort to all:

1 The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

THE eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Deuteronomy 33:27

#10 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. "And you know the way where I am going." Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

(words of Jesus) John 14:1-6

#11 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

REJOICE in the Lord always: and again I say, rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7

#12 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.
Proverbs 3:25-26

#13 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

November To Remember

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Read, write, exercise, game shows, politics, music, libraries, NFL and bookstores.

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me!-Philippians 4:13

#14 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and healthy to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

#15 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.
(words of Jesus) John 10:28

#16 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifies. Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
Romans 8:31-34

#17 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.
Psalm 40:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.
Psalm 46:1-2

#18 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

#19 Nanikens

Nanikens

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • Interests:Birding/Walking, Ministry/Missions, Prayer/Intercession

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:19 AM

" Yet to all who received HIM, to those who believe in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" Jn 1:12

Edited by Debp, 25 September 2009 - 06:38 PM.

#20 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,860 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

Thanks, Nanikens, for joining in!

Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Galatians 5:16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name