IPB Style© Fisana

recycle Christmas cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_GrandmaDee_*

Guest_GrandmaDee_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:31 AM

Here is something I did with the Christmas cards I received last year. It has been a real blessing to me this year.

I cut them up into gift tags. Some were so beautiful I couldn't think of throwing them away and though I have often saved them for the kids for craft projects, they have more than they can use now.

I just cut them so that each had a pretty picture on the front and was plain or nearly plain on the back. Sometimes I cut them in squares or rectangles, sometimes I cut around a picture. Then when ready to use the tag, I punched a hole in the corner with a hole punch and tied them onto the packages. If I was using a bow instead of ribbon, I just threaded a bit of ribbon through the hole and taped the ribbon to the package.

These look very pretty on the packages. One is a large childlike angel - I cut around it and on a mostly plain blue shiny paper (which I just happened to buy on sale last year) it looks so pretty. Some are tiny parts of the nativity, some just a bit of holly or whatever that was cut from the border of a card.

#2 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,285 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

Here is something I did with the Christmas cards I received last year. It has been a real blessing to me this year.

I cut them up into gift tags. Some were so beautiful I couldn't think of throwing them away and though I have often saved them for the kids for craft projects, they have more than they can use now.

I just cut them so that each had a pretty picture on the front and was plain or nearly plain on the back. Sometimes I cut them in squares or rectangles, sometimes I cut around a picture. Then when ready to use the tag, I punched a hole in the corner with a hole punch and tied them onto the packages. If I was using a bow instead of ribbon, I just threaded a bit of ribbon through the hole and taped the ribbon to the package.

These look very pretty on the packages. One is a large childlike angel - I cut around it and on a mostly plain blue shiny paper (which I just happened to buy on sale last year) it looks so pretty. Some are tiny parts of the nativity, some just a bit of holly or whatever that was cut from the border of a card.

That sounds like a great idea, especially for those buying alot of gifts. One could work on this throughout the year.

#3 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Great idea indeed. I will be sure to dig out my Christmas cards of past. I have a daughter who is very artistic so will encourage to do this with me. Thanks GrandmaDee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name