• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

We use to have a pug and she would go crazy!  It's common in pugs where they get these random bursts of energy and they just go crazy!  We use to let her out of the house for small amount of time each day and when we would she would take off running as fast as she could go around the house all the way back around!  She also had this weird bark haha!

Our neighbor has a pit bull and he does this weird thing where he uses our low bushes and trees to scratch his back.  Pretty funny!

#102 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:21 AM

Those dogs are pretty funny!

When I had my little Shi Tzu years ago, I rescued my first kitten. Her name was Amber...well, Shasta, my dog had a red pillow on which he would rest his head. Amber loved to lay very close to Shasta as he lay by his pillow. One time Shasta got up and walked to the other side of the pillow to get away from the kitten. Before he layed back down, he gave a big huff!

#103 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

Sounds very funny!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

#104 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), gardens, walking, sightseeing, old architecture.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

Tim and I were talking about trucks and I remembered this funny story...

My mom and I went to visit my uncle in Arizona, and he only had a truck. There was a very slim "back seat", if you can even call it that. I was alot slimmer back then, but I would really have to struggle to try to get back out of the truck. Getting in was a bit easier.

One night my mom volunteered to sit in the "back seat". She was still very agile, so in she went. Well, after our drive we got back to my uncle's house very late at night.

Mom tried to get out of the back seat, but she couldn't! She tried and tried! By that time we were all roaring with laughter...we all couldn't stop laughing! We thought the neighbors probably thought we all had been drinking!

My uncle even said he wasn't going to call the fire department to get her out! That made us laugh even harder!

Well, can't remember how but she finally got out...I am still laughing at this right now!

#105 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

:lol: :lol: Sounds funny!

When I was a kid we use to ride in the back of trucks.  I think it's illegal now days in most places. 

#106 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

Again, Tim and I were talking in the This and That topic....he mentioned riding a horse.

Well, when I was a child we went out to a family farm...were having a picnic there. They had two ponies...a stocky work pony and a very pretty Pinto pony. Well, they decided to put my male cousin on the work pony and they put me on the pretty one.

Well, that pretty pony turned into a bucking bronco with little, skinny me hanging on for dear life! (My aunt grabbed me off!). Meanwhile my cousin, Ray, had a nice sedate ride....

#107 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

:D :D :D

Sounds like the pretty pony was in a bad mood that day!

#108 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

Yes, I guess he was!

So fast forward to when I visited my uncles in Arizona. One of my uncles, his wife and I went to the riding stable. First my uncle cracked a joke about West Virginians as his wife was from WV. Well, he didn't know so was the stable owner! So the stable owner gave my uncle a mare that was nursing a foal...so the mare kept running back to the stable! My uncle never got his ride!

Then because of my bad experience with the pretty Pinto, the stable owner gave me "Old Ed" to ride....or shall I say walk through the desert?

Old Ed developed a loose horseshoe halfway out in the desert so that made things even worse! Finally, when we got back to the stable, I lost the reins as Old Ed went for a big bush and started munching!

#109 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Oh wow!!  :lol:   Your uncle must have regretted his WV joke!

Old Ed must have had more strength than everyone realized when he saw that big bush!

#110 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Lol, thanks Tim, I needed that laugh!

Here's another funny story my mom and I remembered today. Hard to believe we have had so many funny things happen to us!

At the Presbyterian Church we used to attend, there was a married couple from Egypt studying at seminary here. Their studies were over and the church was having a going away party for them at a restaurant that was further away.

I was unable to go, but my mom got a ride with Robert, one of the deacons. Robert apparently didn't know where the restaurant was...and they say men don't like to ask for directions! So Robert kept stopping the car, getting the map which was in the trunk, quite a few times! This was before GPS.

My mother said they were even in an area that had a herd of sheep on the hillside! (Remember we live in Los Angeles!)

Finally, they reached the restaurant....just as everyone from the going away party was leaving the restaurant!! They ate their meal by themselves!

#111 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:16 AM

A herd of sheep in L.A.?  That's not something you hear everyday!

Glad we have GPS now days... I don't like to ask for directions either.  :lol:

#112 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

A herd of sheep in L.A.?  That's not something you hear everyday!

Glad we have GPS now days... I don't like to ask for directions either.  :lol:

Yeah, I think Robert really got lost when they saw sheep! Of course, I've seen a herd of goats in downtown L.A....the city hired them to mow (chew) their way through brush on a little hillside park! I think I posted a video of them here but it's on YouTube for sure. Type in Goats Bunker Hill Los Angeles.

#113 TimM

TimM

Post Crazy Member

• Moderators
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

Will look it up!  Guess it's a economical way to get the grass mowed!

#114 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Yes, it is. This guy has a herd of goats and he regularly hires them out around L.A.! They are great for brush clearance on the hillsides...and with our wildfire dangers, brush clearance is a regular thing here.

Kind of a funny way to earn your living, but it works for him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name