True Funny or Embarrassing Stories

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 Debp

Debp

Furry & Feathered Friend Lover

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:24 PM

Would anyone be brave enough to share a funny or embarrassing story?

I was not dating this man (just friends), but I'll start out with an embarrassing story!

A friend and I were walking over to the church to have Thanksgiving dinner. I was very interested in what he was saying and was looking at him. Well, there was a raised up part of the sidewalk I didn't see.....I tripped and literally went flying through the air!! As I was in the air, I could just imagine a crash landing.....all of a sudden, I gently landed flat on my back!! It was like angels had gently laid me down on the grass beside the sidewalk!! I landed under a tree, too!!

I was embarrassed!! :blush: :D

#2 Guest_ancksunamun_*

Guest_ancksunamun_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:11 PM

I can remember one as a young teenager....

I had went to the bathroom during sunday school class and when I came out managed to have the back of my skirt caught up in my pantyhose. D'oh! There was this really cute boy in my class too that I had a major crush on...humiliation!

And noone told me until we were leaving class and the teacher pulled me aside as the classmates giggled.

#3 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts
  • Interests:Nature, animals (have a cat), sightseeing, old architecture. Interested in missions.

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

I can remember one as a young teenager....

I had went to the bathroom during sunday school class and when I came out managed to have the back of my skirt caught up in my pantyhose. D'oh! There was this really cute boy in my class too that I had a major crush on...humiliation!

And noone told me until we were leaving class and the teacher pulled me aside as the classmates giggled.

Oh, Ancksunamun, that would be soooo embarrassing!!! :blush: Hope you can smile about it now!

#4 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:48 AM

I saw something funny the other evening. There are a few Korean ladies that regularly exercise by walking in our area. But one particular lady was beating herself against a big tree! First she beat the front of herself for awhile against the tree, and then she started beating the tree with her back and butt for awhile!

Maybe it was to get the circulation going. :)

#5 Guest_carolshmarol_*

Guest_carolshmarol_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

My friends and I used to go rollerskating on weekends (Shaler Skateland) - that was all the rage back then. Young kids went to show off their dancing and skating skills, be cool, and be seen etc. So one night I saw this cute boy I liked and after a few times of going there, he finally asks me to slow skate. So we're all sitting at a table waiting for a slow song to come on, I'm trying to be poised, cool, and say all the right things to make a good impression. Then I went to light my cigarette and the flames were too long and the left side of my hair caught on fire!!! My friends raked out the fire with their hands. (I wasn't hurt - I had so much hair!) I stunk up the whole place so the boy got freaked out and left the table. :blush:

Got another one - again at Skateland.

I was skating on the outside lane (fast lane where you were in a single file skating super-fast). My girlfriend Sissy was hanging on the back of my shirt. We went around the bend, I started spinning real fast and fell down and fractured my left arm. I couldn't move right away. I managed to get on my knees and elbows but then a line formed and everyone was jumping over me!!! They wouldn't let me up for about 10 minutes!!! Then I crawled out of the rink.

Got another one ....again at Skateland....

It was after the session, I had taken off my skates and I'm standing on the carpet with my friends. I was oogling some boy I thought was cute (again) and I went to skate over towards him and fell flat on my face. I forgot that I had my tennis shoes on. :blush: :blush:

Edited by carolshmarol, 24 August 2007 - 08:34 PM.

#6 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:56 AM

My friends and I used to go rollerskating on weekends (Shaler Skateland) - that was all the rage back then. Young kids went to show off their dancing and skating skills, be cool, and be seen etc. So one night I saw this cute boy I liked and after a few times of going there, he finally asks me to slow skate. So we're all sitting at a table waiting for a slow song to come on, I'm trying to be poised, cool, and say all the right things to make a good impression. Then I went to light my cigarette and the flames were too long and the left side of my hair caught on fire!!! My friends raked out the fire with their hands. (I wasn't hurt - I had so much hair!) I stunk up the whole place so the boy got freaked out and left the table. :blush:

Those were all funny, Carol....but I especially laughed about the above story!

That reminds me....once we had a power outage so our neighbor lit a bunch of candles. One of her volunteers had a ponytail on the top of her head. Well, she was reading a book and the ponytail fell forward into the candle! Her ponytail caught on fire....all I could do was point and make noises (I was speechless!). Finally, the others looked at her and she whipped her head back. At that point the flame went straight up in the air!! (w00t) She did put it out with her hands....but Kathy (another neighbor) said "Oh, you looked just like Saint so and so." Apparently, there is some Saint that always has a flame coming out of the top of her head on her photos! :D

#7 Guest_carolshmarol_*

Guest_carolshmarol_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

Those were all funny, Carol....but I especially laughed about the above story!

That reminds me....once we had a power outage so our neighbor lit a bunch of candles. One of her volunteers had a ponytail on the top of her head. Well, she was reading a book and the ponytail fell forward into the candle! Her ponytail caught on fire....all I could do was point and make noises (I was speechless!). Finally, the others looked at her and she whipped her head back. At that point the flame went straight up in the air!! (w00t) She did put it out with her hands....but Kathy (another neighbor) said "Oh, you looked just like Saint so and so." Apparently, there is some Saint that always has a flame coming out of the top of her head on her photos! :D

(w00t) (w00t) That's hilarious! I'm glad she was alright. The Saint comment??? (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

#8 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Here's another funny story. At the church we used to go to, they always send members a birthday card. Well, one year my mom opened her "birthday" card (a pretty floral one) and when she read the verse it said "With sincere sympathy"! (It was an actual sympathy card.) (w00t) (I think the elderly women would pick out the cards to send and one must have just saw the flowers, not the verse.)

To make it even funnier, she later ran into a deacon going to a deacon's meeting. My mom said he should mention to them not to send sympathy cards on a person's birthday! He really got a good laugh out of that one.....I bet they all did. :D (The pastor later sent her a special card.)

#9 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

The other night I saw a rat run from the front of our apartment building to underneath a car. Then this afternoon my mom saw a big rat climb up into the flowers in front of the building. (w00t)

This reminded me of a funny story our former Mayor Riordan told. He mentioned going to City Hall around 5 a.m. and seeing alot of rats running around....then, he added, "Oh, not the two legged kind!!" :D

#10 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

This distant family member has been deceased for a long time so I think I can tell this. :)

Apparently, she would always run down to the church "to clean it". And her husband would yell, "clean your own house first!" (w00t) :D

It sounds funnier when my mom would tell it.

#11 Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Post Crazy Member

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Reading good Christian literature, Listening to music, Travelling, Craft work, Meeting people, Ministry work, Helping people

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

Years ago I worked in an office that had a glass sliding door at the entrance. During one lunch hour, my mum (poor mum) came to visit. We finished chatting in the reception area and she was in a hurry to get back to work. In her haste she didnt realise that the glass door was closed. I always remember seeing her smiling face moments before banging into the closed door. Ouch ouch! When she hit the door she sort of bounced backwards and nearly landed on the floor. Ouch! We all rushed to her side but she jokingly brushed us away. She told us that she was fine. Its only when I got home that she told me that she had developed a headache. She did have some humour though, and we were in stitches as she acted out her story in matrix style to the rest of the family. We laughed even more when she mentioned that her head must be made of rubber as it didnt break the glass but instead bounced off the glass. What a relief that she was not seriously hurt. We still have a bit of a chuckle about it to this day.

#12 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:36 PM

Ouch is right!! I'm glad she didn't get hurt and that she had such a sense of humor about it. I guess we all need to develop more humor like that! :)

Ok, here's a couple:

When I was a child, we rented a cabin on the way back home from another area. In the morning, as my dad was waiting for the rest of us (we brought one of my cousins with us), my dad went to sit down on this canvas chair to read a newspaper. Well, apparently the canvas was quite old or else my dad was too heavy for it....as he went straight through the canvas and landed on his butt on the ground!! (w00t) We all were howling with laughter as we pulled away in the car. The owner of the cabins probably wondered what was wrong with us. :)

Same vacation in a rural area: My dad was fishing and he slipped in the mud (onto his butt) along the shoreline. Well, he got this really big patch of mud on his behind. So, he slipped his slacks off...then while he was standing there in his white undershorts, he again slipped in the same mud (same way)!! So there he was standing with all of this mud on the back of his white undershorts and my mom took his photo!! We still have that photo! :D Luckily, my dad had a sense of humor, too.

#13 Guest_GrandmaDee_*

Guest_GrandmaDee_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Ok heres one at my expense. I've laughed at it for years. Picture it and well....

When I was expecting Paul, and nearing the end of my pregnancy, I went out to the shed to get something. Somehow I backed up and hit the back of my legs against a stack of tires. I lost my balance and ended up bottom down in the middle of the top tire in the stack of tires -unhurt but very embarrassed and afraid I would not be able to get out. Talk about an upside down turtle!

I was able to extricate myself without help for which I was really thankful. No telling how long I would have been there otherwise.

#14 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Ok heres one at my expense. I've laughed at it for years. Picture it and well....

When I was expecting Paul, and nearing the end of my pregnancy, I went out to the shed to get something. Somehow I backed up and hit the back of my legs against a stack of tires. I lost my balance and ended up bottom down in the middle of the top tire in the stack of tires -unhurt but very embarrassed and afraid I would not be able to get out. Talk about an upside down turtle!

I was able to extricate myself without help for which I was really thankful. No telling how long I would have been there otherwise.

These days I wouldn't be able to get out of those tires! I have a hard enough time getting off of the floor when I'm looking for a cat under the bed! :D (I only look for the cat in emergencies!)

#15 Guest_GrandmaDee_*

Guest_GrandmaDee_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Don't know if I could or not. I did drop the shed key at PCC (we only had 2) in the dumpster once. There was only office papers and clothing in there so I got a ladder and climbed in to get it and then climbed back out. :blush:

But I did tell someone I was going to do it and to come and rescue me if I didn't come back in soon. These days I'm more careful about climbing or getting into situations where I might get hurt with no one around. Not getting any younger. But I do exercise to keep up my strength.

#16 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:19 PM

Don't know if I could or not. I did drop the shed key at PCC (we only had 2) in the dumpster once. There was only office papers and clothing in there so I got a ladder and climbed in to get it and then climbed back out. :blush:

But I did tell someone I was going to do it and to come and rescue me if I didn't come back in soon. These days I'm more careful about climbing or getting into situations where I might get hurt with no one around. Not getting any younger. But I do exercise to keep up my strength.

GrandmaDee dumpster dives!! :D :D

Talking about not being able to get up....

My uncle who was middle aged at the time, slipped on the ice in front of his home. The groceries he was carrying flew all over the sidewalk. And try as he did, he couldn't get up from the icy sidewalk! Soooo....he went crawling on his hands and knees into his house. His wife sat there in the living room staring at him with her mouth open! Uncle Ray yelled, "Helen, don't just sit there....go out and get those groceries!!" :D :D :D

My aunt loved to tell that story...she couldn't understand why he was on his hands and knees coming into the house!! Both of them are in Heaven now for some years.

#17 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

Same uncle as in the above story. He and his wife and daughter always had a sense of humor, so I feel free to tell this:

There was a huge snow storm in Pittsburgh and the Catholic diocese announced that Catholics did not have to attend mass that Sunday. My uncle lived at the top of a tall hill with three big hairpin turns! Well, my uncle still wanted to go to church!! His daughter told him, "well, you're going to have to get yourself a piece of cardboard and slide on down the hill to church because I'm not driving down that hill in that snow!"

We all could imagine him sliding down and got a good laugh!! :D

#18 Jewels

Jewels

Needs a Life

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

A couple of weeks ago I woke about 1am for a potty break. As usual I don't turn on any lights, I was very groggy. Got back up around 4am for the bathroom again....no lights.......I went to sit down, and something didn't feel right. I got up, felt around, and on my first trip there I had for some reason put the seat up! At least I didn't fall in. :blink:

#19 Debp

Debp

• Moderators
  • 18,091 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Just thought of this earlier today:

When we were kids, my cousin, Barb, and I were on vacation in the country. My parents took us to the local Presbyterian church's Sunday School.

Well, our last names were the same as Barb's dad was my dad's brother. The Sunday School teacher asked us how to pronounce it....I said it one way; then Barb said it a totally different way (in kind of a "fancy" sort of way). I'm sure the teacher thought we were sisters (instead of cousins) and was totally confused about how to say our name. Plus I was skinny as a rail and Barb was overweight!! :D

#20 dreamsofdolphin

dreamsofdolphin

Suzie DreamsofDolphin - DOD

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • Interests:In the process of improving and updating my interests. <br /><br />My family, Florida archaeology and history, &quot;beachcombing&quot; &amp; dolphin-watching!, gardening, crafting, tennis, conservative politics, poetry

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

Oh, I've been ROFL over these! I usually have a lot on myself but the one that comes to mind is one my husband just did. A couple weeks ago he went in for minor outpatient surgery.
When the nurse came and got me and I went back he was grinning in a silly way. He had been sedated and was confused. He's very sentimental about very elderly people and told me there was a lady back there and "I've been counting it up and she's 112 years old." I agreed that was quite interesting until he informed me she was born in 1936. I told him that wouldn't make her 112 years old! He said, "Yes it does!" and then tried to count my 10's which he failed dismally at. I got tickled and couldn't stop laughing. Finally he agreed the little elderly lady wasn't quite so elderly LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name